I just finished configuring an Online Update Server for PB which includes OS1.0.8.4985, OS1.0.8.6067 and OS2.0.0.4869.
    (I did NOT ADD OS2.0.0.6149 as not all BBDM's provides the option of Other Updates)

(Thank you cybrmage for providing the base php files http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/#post6993318

This is how it works.

Close The Blackberry Desktop Manager (and Make sure it is closed - Try Task Manager)

Download the Certificate http://85.195.90.222/files/bb.crt

Install the Certificate as follows:

Run Notepad as Administrator
    Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

Add the following line

Run The Blackberry Desktop Manager and connect your PlayBook and it should detect the update.

Server Specifications:
    Centos 6.2
    RAM 1 GB
    100 mbps
    (Be Patient )
    Last edited by aburrobb; 01-08-12 at 12:36 AM.
    01-08-12 12:30 AM
    Awesome. I couldn't get the personal web server to work, but this worked perfectly.
    01-09-12 01:42 AM
    so for those of us not technically inclined......what did u make, what does it do and what is its practical purpose in terms of the individual pb user?

maybe its cuz i havent slept all nite, but im having trouble figuring out if any of this actually applies to me
    01-09-12 07:17 AM
    The Purpose of this Online Update Server is to allow the downgrade or upgrade of PB to OS 2.0.0.4869 or below with minimal interaction for the user, no need to install local server or download much data.

It emulates Blackberry Update Servers; of course with less power and resources but will do the trick for a lot of people.
    01-09-12 08:21 AM
    ahh, very nifty
    corny888 likes this.
    01-10-12 01:24 AM
    Great job putting this together in a clear concise manner.

Kudos
    01-10-12 11:47 AM
    just attempted this method and my bbdm did not see any updates?
    01-13-12 12:46 PM
    just attempted this method and my bbdm did not see any updates?

Maybe the huis server is down...

Go to this Thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...67/index4.html

Read the last message (from me) and the first from Cybrmage, you should be able to do it, so far i'm successful !!!

Regards
    01-13-12 07:42 PM
    Maybe the huis server is down...

Go to this Thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...67/index4.html

Read the last message (from me) and the first from Cybrmage, you should be able to do it, so far i'm successful !!!

Regards
    thanks i already got it rooted etc, from fiddler2 method.
    01-13-12 08:05 PM
    Hi

I followed your work to install 4869 (downgrade from 6149) and it worked. However the android apps did not work anymore. I re-install to OS1 following your method. Things become worth: only browser and setup left. I restarted PB, re-install OS1, nothing changed. Finally I delete the line from hosts file and installed OS1 from BB. This time, everything is back, but no connection to PC anymore.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Last edited by tbwolf; 01-14-12 at 10:05 AM.
    01-14-12 08:59 AM

Here is a "COMPLETE SETUP" to Upgrade/Downgrade
    Your PlayBook Without any extensive knowledge and Nothings to configure in the server.

The Setup is in the form of a VirtualMachine under VMware Player:
    A complete computer Running the "Fake Server" from Cybrmage inside your own computer.

So the Virtual machine is READY to Downgrade or Upgrade your PlayBook
    with minimal intervention of your part.

We Will Use the FREE "VMware Player" to lauch the virtual "computer Image"

Minimum Requirement for running the Playbook Setup with the VMware Player:

- 1 GHz or faster processor and 4GB RAM.
    - Also requires approximately need 10 gig of disk space to install Vmware PlayBook setup.

N.B.: The VMware Player settings I use to run the VM Image are:
    1- One CPU (2 cores)
    2- I allocate 3.5 gig of memory to the virtual machine BUT 1 gig is fine, just Slower... by default it will be at 2 gig, but if you have enough mem put up to 3.5
    3- The partition image (File) have a maximum of 8 Gig, so you must figure to have 10 gig free on your HD

If you don't understand all the technical stuff don't be afraid, mostly you will not need it ;-)

Basic Instruction:

1) Unzip the file PlaybookVirtualServer.7z With 7zip
    Inside you will find 3 files: PlaybookVirtualServer.nvram, PlaybookVirtualServer.vmdk and PlaybookVirtualServer.vmx

2) Put the 3 files in SAME Folder on your computer.

3) Donwnload and Install the FREE VMware Player at : VMware Player 4.0

4) After the installation: Launch the VMware Player and
    Click on Open a "Virtual Machine" and
    choose the "PlaybookVirtualServer.vmx" file that you have extracted.

5) When you launch the VM Machine for the first time, The Machine can ask for some drivers :
    Example the machine have an ATI Video Cards and you have an Nvidia... Just provide the driver as usual.

6) You can "Drag and Drop" and "Copy aqnd Paste" From the VM Machine to your computer to move files and vice-versa... So if you need to download a driver, do it on your Computer instead of the VM player it will be a lot faster.

7) Keep in mind that a VM machine is just ONE Single Big file mainly, so it is SLOWER than a real machine because the VM machine write and read inside of one big file... Even if it seem to freeze be patient it does not crash, it's just that it is slower.. If you feel insecure and ask yourself if the VM has crashed ??? Try to move the mouse cursor, if it move all is fine just be patient

8) When you reach the desktop FIRST THING : Look at the README FILE on the desktop ;-)

You can Download the file "PlaybookVirtualServer.7z" ----> PlaybookVirtualServer - Minus.com

Thanks again to CybrMage for the "Fake Server" and PHP Script

If you have any Questions ask here : http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...99#post7032399 please.

Here's somes "screenshoot" of the PlaybookVM FakeServer to make it even more easy to understand ;-)

And the Final: "TADAM" !!!!

Regards
    Mikhou

El Bori likes this.
    01-14-12 11:49 PM
    this looks great, if i need to update or downgrade again i will try it out, i already have vmware player on my pc from playing with ubuntu and linux distros.
    01-15-12 12:07 AM
    Followed everything to the T in the OP's post, but when I start up DM it does not see any updates... did I miss something?
    01-18-12 12:16 AM
    Followed everything to the T in the OP's post, but when I start up DM it does not see any updates... did I miss something?
    Have you try the VM machine here : http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...99#post7032399 ???

Regards
    01-18-12 12:22 PM
    Have you try the VM machine here : http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...99#post7032399 ???

Regards
    Actually trying that now... figured the OP's post would have been easier, but I guess the VM would be. Actually comes in handy since I wanted a VM on my work machine for a separate version of Desktop Manager... BTW, there's a PlayBook .bbb backup file inside the VM image.
    01-18-12 12:35 PM
    Actually trying that now... figured the OP's post would have been easier, but I guess the VM would be. Actually comes in handy since I wanted a VM on my work machine for a separate version of Desktop Manager... BTW, there's a PlayBook .bbb backup file inside the VM image.

No I reinitialized all things "virgin" to keep it simple so no bbb File inside.

If you want like me dedicate the VM machime to the PB, just upper the limit size of the VM machine and download FREE Easus EaseUS Partition Master Professional Edition: Magic Partition Manager for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit). and extend your partition at the size you want...

Give me some feedback if you have find it useful or if you see anything I can improve in future release ;-)

If you have any question about the VM ask here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...99#post7032399 It will be a pleasure to help you !

Regards
    01-18-12 01:46 PM
    No I reinitialized all things "virgin" to keep it simple so no bbb File inside.

If you want like me dedicate the VM machime to the PB, just upper the limit size of the VM machine and download FREE Easus EaseUS Partition Master Professional Edition: Magic Partition Manager for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit). and extend your partition at the size you want...

Give me some feedback if you have find it useful or if you see anything I can improve in future release ;-)

If you have any question about the VM ask here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...99#post7032399 It will be a pleasure to help you !

Regards
    I'd post in the link you provided, but I think the CB forums mangled the link so it doesn't go anywhere...

If you look in the C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\BlackBerry\Backup folder, you'll see a 300MB .bbb file still there... Another suggestion would be to lower the RAM size of the VM to maybe 512 or at most 1GB and let the user change it on their own. Running a 2GB VM on my work computer with only 4GB under Windows 7 was kind of painful with all the swapping. I'll post in the other thread if I come up with anything else. Thanks again for the work in creating and setting up the VM!
    01-18-12 02:01 PM
    I'd post in the link you provided, but I think the CB forums mangled the link so it doesn't go anywhere...

If you look in the C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\BlackBerry\Backup folder, you'll see a 300MB .bbb file still there... Another suggestion would be to lower the RAM size of the VM to maybe 512 or at most 1GB and let the user change it on their own. Running a 2GB VM on my work computer with only 4GB under Windows 7 was kind of painful with all the swapping. I'll post in the other thread if I come up with anything else. Thanks again for the work in creating and setting up the VM!

Goes here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...38#post7042538

Regards
    01-18-12 02:22 PM
    I wonder if the OP would be so kind to put a version of the 2.0.0.6149 on his server.
    It was one of the easiest (and successfull) way to upgrade/downgrade.

Thanks in advance!
    01-19-12 03:47 PM
    I wonder if the OP would be so kind to put a version of the 2.0.0.6149 on his server.
    It was one of the easiest (and successfull) way to upgrade/downgrade.

Thanks in advance!
    Hi,

Go here IT'S EASY you can do it yourself, I've put all you need in one place to have the firmware you want EASILY

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rainer-688979/

Regards
    01-19-12 06:04 PM
    Thanks for the hint.
    I saw your thread with the virtual machine.

It is not even close to how easy it is once you have the certificate (which I have) and once you modify your host file (which I did). I already used that server a while ago, all worked well.
    So for me it would have been soooooo much easier to find the 6149 on the same online server. Right now my DM points to the 3 upgrades that one can use from that server.
    Your solution implies another program installed on my PC (the VM Player), more things to change, etc.

Of course, if the OP won't upload 6149 I will probably try your version.

Thanks
    01-19-12 06:17 PM
    Thanks for the hint.
    I saw your thread with the virtual machine.

It is not even close to how easy it is once you have the certificate (which I have) and once you modify your host file (which I did). I already used that server a while ago, all worked well.

Your solution implies another program installed on my PC (the VM Player), more things to change, etc.

Thanks
    Nothing to change really as the Virtual image has like you told " the certificate (which I have) and once you modify your host file (which I did)" and already the BBDM too.

All you have to do is to install the VMware player and put the firmwares you want in the directory.

It's almost the same PHP script that we use, the main advantage it is if the distant server don't work for any reason, you have your own server that work even with "No Internet connection".

Look in the new thread I uploaded the latest firmware today in case we could need it later.

Regards
    01-19-12 09:36 PM

Regards
    got 404 error on this link...
    01-19-12 09:51 PM
    Sadly, same here.
    01-19-12 09:53 PM
    Yeah, well, you have to download the firmwares in the VM... slow and painfully.
    Or. if you have them already, copy from your ghost machine into the folder on the VM.

You can check and see you firmware folders are empty now...
    01-19-12 10:04 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD