I've downlosed and converted teh TOR for adndroid but it's now asking for another browser it seems. Can anyone with an Android handy get me the apk file for "orweb: privacy-enhanced browser" and "gibberbot: secure chat app with off-the-record encryption" please? I believe they're both free from the android market.

Thanks in advance.
    01-07-12 02:45 PM
    I've downlosed and converted teh TOR for adndroid but it's now asking for another browser it seems. Can anyone with an Android handy get me the apk file for "orweb: privacy-enhanced browser" and "gibberbot: secure chat app with off-the-record encryption" please? I believe they're both free from the android market.

Thanks in advance.
    If anyone is interested, I got all the files I needed and converted them. I'll be installing after backing up my PB to test. If you're not familiar with TOR, check out https://www.torproject.org. Might be usefull if SOPA passes in the US
    01-13-12 09:57 AM
    Not a lot of feedback here ... but here's another question. I have the files, I've converted them and installed them on the PB. When trying to run the TOR wizard however it tells me I don't have root access. Will Dingleberry help with this problem ... anyone know?
    01-28-12 11:02 AM
    Dingleberry won't help in your situation because it grants root access to the playbook file system, not the android player. There is no root for the android runtime on the playbook.

On a side note, if you're familiar with this browser all the better, but why would it need r/w access to your /system folder?
    01-30-12 04:12 PM
    Dingleberry won't help in your situation because it grants root access to the playbook file system, not the android player. There is no root for the android runtime on the playbook.

On a side note, if you're familiar with this browser all the better, but why would it need r/w access to your /system folder?
    Thx for the info... What this does is force traffic to go through specific ports and use https connections etc. There's a browser it suggests using but I can't seem to get that to work either. If anyone is interested in what I'm talking about, head over to https://www.torproject.org/

I'll keep reading up on other solutions
    01-30-12 04:36 PM
    any updates on this? anyone been able to convert the apk to bar and run it successfully on Playbook OS 2.0
    02-28-12 09:43 PM
    any updates on this? anyone been able to convert the apk to bar and run it successfully on Playbook OS 2.0
    Good morning, I have the files and also have them converted and installed. The issue is however that the FOR app wants root to make port changes and of course the pb doesn't allow this. I'm still surfing for a work around but have found nothing yet. If you want the BAR files, let me know and I'll share them with you.
    02-29-12 06:15 AM
    Can you please send me the bar files for Orbot and the Tor app I really need them!
    thanks
    03-14-12 10:49 AM
    Can you please send me the bar files for Orbot and the Tor app I really need them!
    thanks
    Where did you get want them sent? You say you really need them, I converted them but the don't have the same root access as they would on an Android phone... So i haven't got them to work yet.
    03-17-12 09:13 AM
    Where did you get want them sent? You say you really need them, I converted them but the don't have the same root access as they would on an Android phone... So i haven't got them to work yet.
    you dont need root access to make the program work I never had to do that with my htc sensation, all you need is just the orbot browser to coincide with it please send file links to [email protected]
    03-18-12 12:13 PM
    were you able to convert Gibberbot to a Bar file (the apk is added)

https://github.com/guardianproject/G...AL.apk/qr_code
    05-03-12 08:17 PM
    it would be awsome if this worked
    Last edited by sergeh; 05-04-12 at 06:10 PM.
    05-03-12 10:24 PM
    Please can you let me know how this one turned out?
    11-28-12 07:48 PM
    I have yet to see anyone make this work unfortunately.
    11-28-12 08:16 PM
    Okay Dokay

I've converted it and uploaded it to here.

I've gone as far as the login screen and stopped.
    12-03-12 11:14 AM
    Okay Dokay

I've converted it and uploaded it to here.

I've gone as far as the login screen and stopped.
    Does it work after you've logged in?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 05:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD