Is there a consensus best case?

My brother just ordered a playbook online. I told him maybe the Otterbox...since he'll be using it a lot at work, and it looks like the faceplate has a stand in it.

We've got just a basic Amzer one for our ipad and it's pretty decent.
    01-07-12 09:45 AM
    The incipio Silicrylic hard shell case is my favorite.
    01-07-12 10:47 AM
    I like my over-protective Otterbox. Others like to go lighter/smaller.
    01-07-12 11:17 AM
    Blackberry OEM leather Jounal case when you want to travel in class, and for casual around the house or at your fave coffee shop hanging out case, the Incipio Silicrylic case with stand are my two favorites.
    01-07-12 11:22 AM
    the envelope case made by blackberry is one of the best, or the convertible case is good as well. if you check out crackberry's youtube channel there are several reviews of playbook cases that can purchased at shopcrackberry
    01-07-12 11:42 AM
    better yet go to Staples and get either the Blackberry Convertible case or the real leather Blackberry Journal case for $19.95 each. The Incipio Silicrylic can also be had for $19.95 from Incipio.
    01-07-12 11:58 AM
    My wife has the Otterbox on her 32GB and it is like a Sherman tank! It does add a lot of bulk and she has to use the "non-cradle" rapid charger because taking it in and out of the shell is not a realistic option.

I use the leather convertible on my 64GB and it is a pretty classy piece. Downsides are that you have to have the case open in order to charge, but not a big deal. Also, there is no closure on it. Again, no biggie to me. Pops in and out of the case pretty easily so I use the cradle rapid charger.

Lots of options on cases. Just like apps despite what the haters say!!
    01-07-12 12:01 PM
    I'm going to try the case from Chapters that looks like a antique book. Hopefully it might lessen the chances it grows legs and walks. LOL
    It's for the Kobo but says on the box it fits the PB too. Oh and it's 30% off which doesn't hurt.
    01-07-12 01:29 PM
    My wife has the Otterbox on her 32GB and it is like a Sherman tank! It does add a lot of bulk and she has to use the "non-cradle" rapid charger because taking it in and out of the shell is not a realistic option.

I use the leather convertible on my 64GB and it is a pretty classy piece. Downsides are that you have to have the case open in order to charge, but not a big deal. Also, there is no closure on it. Again, no biggie to me. Pops in and out of the case pretty easily so I use the cradle rapid charger.

otterbox works with rapid charger, you have to have the wire going across the hdmi port so can't output hdmi at same time. Using it for engine diagrams in last few weeks and teice it slid and bounced on concrete floor, no damage done to playbook or otterbox.
    01-07-12 01:43 PM
    otterbox works with rapid charger, you have to have the wire going across the hdmi port so can't output hdmi at same time.
    I think he meant that his wife can't use the OtterBox in the rapid charging dock, and is using the standard rapid charger as you described.
    01-07-12 02:08 PM
    I'll second the Incipio Silicrylic case. Just got it a couple of days ago and love it!
    01-07-12 02:09 PM
    I love the otterbox! I am in the military so I am in the feild alot and the added protection is perfect and even when not in the feild, its still nice to know that its protected! PEace of mind !
    01-07-12 02:54 PM

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-tips-685012/
    Last edited by copperoak; 01-07-12 at 03:56 PM. Reason: bad link
    01-07-12 03:52 PM
    After much looking I use the incipio premium leather convertable case. In tan it really looks sharp and you have access to all ports buttons at all times.
    01-08-12 01:49 AM
    I use the OEM BlackBerry Leather sleeve (BlackBerryPlaybookLeatherSleeve - RIM US). It is a great option if you want to keep your Playbook "naked" and use the sleeve for transporting purposes. It is made of premium leather and has a semi-hard shell and soft lining so your Playbook is well protected. Got mine for $16 new on eBay.

I find cases to add too much bulk to the sleek and sexy Playbook.
    01-08-12 01:59 AM
    ATM Im using the silicone case from RIM, but I haven't found ANY cases I like enough to buy.
    I am a bit girly and want cases like I find for the iPad. Just doesn't seem to be a market for PB cases as near as I can tell.
    But for now, the silicone ones works well, hardly any bulk and sits on the charging dock just fine.
    01-08-12 02:52 AM
    That is actually one of the better non-OEM leather cases I've seen so far, and at that price, it's a no-brainer. BTW, I don't know what the shipping charge is buying it thru Amazon, but the Minisuit web store sells it for $17.90 with free shipping.

Good find.
    01-08-12 05:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD