Hi,

What is so great about the android for playbook? What things can you do with it?

Thanks
    01-06-12 07:51 PM
    The Android Player that is coming with OS2 will allow the Playbook to run some but not all Android programs, greatly increasing (it is hoped) the number of apps available to Playbook users. More apps=good.
    01-06-12 07:54 PM
    and that's when I'll get Angry Birds
    01-06-12 08:00 PM
    Angry Birds recently became available in AppWorld for the Playbook, at $5, so you don't need to wait for the Android version.
    01-06-12 08:02 PM
    angry birds is available now in app world
    01-06-12 08:03 PM
    one nice feature I currently use is the chrome to phone app. It works really well. As a beta, the os in combination with android is a work in progress. There are a lot of great things, but a lot that needs more work. That is the thing you have to keep in mind.
    01-06-12 09:11 PM
    The Android Player that is coming with OS2 will allow the Playbook to run some but not all Android programs, greatly increasing (it is hoped) the number of apps available to Playbook users. More apps=good.
    Do you, or anyone here, know which apps will run on the new OS? Is there any kind of list being developed somewhere listing which apps will work (and which won't)? Or is it anyone's guess at this point? Thanks for any info.
    01-06-12 10:07 PM
    Do you, or anyone here, know which apps will run on the new OS? Is there any kind of list being developed somewhere listing which apps will work (and which won't)? Or is it anyone's guess at this point? Thanks for any info.
    the list is quite big.

one of the press releases rim sent out described the types of app that wont run on the android player (ex native android apps)

from my experience about 60-70% of the apps i loaded ran well
    space_traveler likes this.
    01-06-12 10:15 PM
    Angry Birds recently became available in AppWorld for the Playbook, at $5, so you don't need to wait for the Android version.
    I think he meant to say that he doesn't want to play $5 for the PlayBook version lol. As far as I've tried, the latest versions of the Android version of Angry Birds doesn't work on the PlayBook. I'm sure they're aware of people converting the free Android version for PlayBook use, so they probably did something to make the Android version incompatible with the PlayBook's Android player.

The only version of Angry Birds that converts from Android to .BAR and works, is in Thai, or some other Asian language lol.
    01-07-12 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD