got this invite just now on the beta zone, maybe RIM is looking to up their content offerings.

(Consumer) Music Store 1.1

Discover and buy music directly from your device and have your new music integrated into your media library for convenient playback. You can even pull up your new tunes from universal search. Easily share song or album recommendations with your contacts through BBM™, email, SMS, Facebook�, and Twitter�, right from the app.

edit: ok looks like it the same from the playbook but soon to be avalible on handsets
    more info

Not sure what the features of Music Store 1.1 are? Check out the list below!

The Music Store powered by 7digital/Zdigital offers over 13 million songs, and tracks are available at prices starting as low as $0.79 with bitrates up to 320 kbps (DRM free).
    Music Store content is stored in the cloud via your 7Digital/Zdigital music locker for easy portability across devices and to help against accidental loss.
    Browse by top songs, top albums, new releases, and genres by artist or album
    Preview a 30-second sample before you buy
    Choose from multiple content delivery options – Over The Air (OTA) and Wi-Fi�
    Tell friends about your favorites via BBM™, email, SMS, Socials Feeds, Facebook�, and Twitter�
    Bookmark a song and come back to it whenever you’re ready for a preview or download
    Integrated with BlackBerry� smartphone features and functions, including Universal Search and Media Library
    Use promotional voucher codes to get free tracks or discounts
    Last edited by anthonybaker; 01-05-12 at 12:30 PM.
    01-05-12 12:27 PM
    I really like that "Locker" feature with the 7digital store.
    01-05-12 12:34 PM
    Once this hits, and IF it is tied into BBMusic that would be a great feature. None of my 3 beta accounts have gotten the invite yet lol.
    01-05-12 12:38 PM
    yah it will be nice to have it fully intergrated with your device adding universal search and what not , as well with the locker feature i can access on the any computer, or on my berry or on the playbook. thats actually why i havent bought anything from the music store on my playbook, becuase i want to be able to access it on the phone too
    01-05-12 12:40 PM
    Just go over to beta zone and download it. It does sync with the Playbook music store and BMM Music, and is supposed to be able to store your music on the 'cloud'.

Its actually pretty smooth, although I only downloaded it some 30 minutes ago. Can't wait for the video store!
    01-05-12 02:41 PM
    A good step forward.

@elle-ade - I also can't wait for the video store. This is a great start of how they are standardizing applications between different devices...
    01-05-12 03:14 PM
    I really like 7Digital. I'm glad it's getting better

Agreed, I'm excited about the video store
    01-05-12 06:45 PM
    Just go over to beta zone and download it. It does sync with the Playbook music store and BMM Music, and is supposed to be able to store your music on the 'cloud'.

Its actually pretty smooth, although I only downloaded it some 30 minutes ago. Can't wait for the video store!
    It doesnt show in any of my beta zone accounts yet.
    01-06-12 06:15 AM
    i received the invite yesterday and might set it up IFFFFFF there is a chance i can get some free tunes on the beta version.

anyone know?
    01-06-12 10:11 AM
    i wanna try it out but the leaked verison of 7.1 on my 9900 isnt recognized by the beta zone
    Last edited by anthonybaker; 01-06-12 at 01:45 PM.
    01-06-12 01:43 PM
    a step in the right direction - a common id for the device, app world, music store, video store, book store, BBM and video chat.
    01-06-12 01:48 PM
    I'm on the beta and I'm really impressed.

This is as good a mobile music store as iTunes is, and the integration features (including sharing links via Facebook or BBM) are a real enhancement.

One of the little details that seems to get neglected in all the doom-and-gloom talk about RIM is just how good BBM is, and how cool the integrated apps are. Probably, not many users are taking that much advantage of them yet, but the whole social feeds infrastructure seems promising. This is just another clever use of it.
    01-06-12 02:38 PM
    a step in the right direction - a common id for the device, app world, music store, video store, book store, BBM and video chat.
    I'm guessing that 7digital will be the back end for the Video Store, too, which would be totally awesome.

And, yes, adding books would be icing on the cake...
    01-06-12 02:39 PM
    I haven't downloaded it yet but will soon. How is this different than the 7digital app?
    01-06-12 07:50 PM
    i downloaded it, but i can't get it to freakin paste the keycode! err!
    01-07-12 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD