hello all. my blackberry torch 9860 on att doesnt have .com key on virtual keyboard next to space key. anyone have any ideas why not? thanks.
    01-04-12 08:53 PM
    Hiya, the .com button is an OS 7.1 feature. When you're able to update to 7.1 the button will be there
    01-04-12 09:06 PM
    Hiya, the .com button is an OS 7.1 feature. When you're able to update to 7.1 the button will be there
    really?? ok. lol i drove myself crazy thinking something was wrong with my phone.. thanks for the quick response.
    01-04-12 09:12 PM
    really?? ok. lol i drove myself crazy thinking something was wrong with my phone.. thanks for the quick response.
    Yeah, I couldn't remember if that was there before or not

Love it tho...wish it would bring up the .net .org .blah options when you held it down, like on the PlayBook.
    01-05-12 05:30 AM
    Ooh finally a .com button can't wait for 7.1
    01-05-12 06:05 AM
    how long til 7.1
    01-05-12 09:59 AM
    That's one of the first things I looked for when the phone first powered up and it wasn't there! I hope it is in VZW's OS 7.1 to make addressing a little quicker. I also wish the character keys were a little wider too.
    01-09-12 11:52 PM
    it's got the .com button in 7.1!

anyone else fat finger "L" when they mean "backspace" constantly?
    01-10-12 12:10 AM
    it's got the .com button in 7.1!

anyone else fat finger "L" when they mean "backspace" constantly?

Happens if you have a case too......I have the Otterbox Commuter and it happens sometimes. A small -ve for the benefits the case provides I guess.
    01-10-12 08:30 AM
    7.1 has brought a more accurate keyboard but not a larger one, which mentally slows down your input rate still. The .com button is there only in the landscape keyboard and very inconsistently. The OS can not tell if an address or email is being entered. There is a whole lot of work left to do on this OS.

It is amazing to me that the company best known for its hardware keyboards makes such a terible virtual keyboard.

For instance this message took waay to long to type in on my BB, and I had to use my PC to completely re-edit.
    Last edited by 1magine; 01-10-12 at 09:15 AM.
    01-10-12 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD