Hi,

When I backed up my handset this morning via DTM it offered me an upgrade (approved by carrier etc). Having done upgrades in the past and suffered from one which was not very good, I thought it prudent to ask first.

Has anyone upgraded their 9810 OS7.0 from bundle 1465 to bundle 2406 yet? If so, does it improve the usability of the handset (I find mine to be buggy sometimes, and suffer from screen freeze, not to mention checkerboarding on a monumental scale)? Is there anything I should be aware of (less battery life etc)? If you have done it, do you regret it, or are you happy with the upgraded OS?

Thanks in advance...
    01-03-12 04:53 AM
    Hi

You are currently running 7.0.0.296
    and Bundle 2406 is 7.0.0.585

These are the numbers that are used around the forums just so you know.

As for the bundles 7.0.0.585 for me was terrible. Battery life was shocking! and after a week the os became very buggy!

I'm currently running 7.0.0.540 which is much better. its a previous version but much more reliable for me.

There are plenty of guides to help you install other versions that aren't approved by orange.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

Hope that helps!
    tmarkt utd likes this.
    01-03-12 08:08 AM
    Hi

You are currently running 7.0.0.296
    and Bundle 2406 is 7.0.0.585

These are the numbers that are used around the forums just so you know.

As for the bundles 7.0.0.585 for me was terrible. Battery life was shocking! and after a week the os became very buggy!

I'm currently running 7.0.0.540 which is much better. its a previous version but much more reliable for me.

There are plenty of guides to help you install other versions that aren't approved by orange.

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com

Hope that helps!
    I never installed .585. AT&T started with .261, which wasn't great, but not bad either. Both .474 and .540 were improvements over previous versions. The thread for .585 just seemed to have too many different results for me to want to try something that had too much potential of being worse instead of better.
    tmarkt utd likes this.
    01-03-12 11:35 AM
    I am running .585 and find it to be very stable. Many others are running it with no real problems. You just have to see how it does on your device.
    tmarkt utd likes this.
    01-03-12 02:23 PM
    I'm now thinking that maybe its a case of "better the devil you know...". But thanks to you all for your comments and time.
    01-05-12 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD