I've successfully rooted OS2, installed Android market (and updated to 6149). However, Superuser does not seem to do anything when I tried Softkeys and Root Browser (both need su to work). Nothing log. These two software cannot execute anything as root so it seems Superuser is not installed properly.

Tried the latest version of Superuser from the market, and it does not work.

Tried manually installed the latest version 3.0.7 from androidsu.com (Superuser.apk to /system/app, su to /system/bin, chmod 6755 /system/bin/su), and it does not work either.

Tried earlier version 2.3.6.3 and it does not work either.

Can anyone help? I really want the Softkeys to work properly. Thanks.
    01-02-12 07:28 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, it's not the same kind of Root. The Android files aren't necessarily rooted, the Playbook's system files are rooted. It allows you access to the root files on the PlayBook. Hope that helps or someone who knows more can elaborate!
    01-02-12 09:17 PM
    so that begs the question... is there a way to root the android OS?
    01-02-12 09:34 PM
    I would love to know, but that above my pay grade!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket!!
    01-02-12 09:46 PM
    I see. I try running su through Dingleberry's shell and it reports "can't access shared library". Android is not completely rooted.
    01-02-12 09:50 PM
    Superuser gives apps root access when your device is already rooted. The Playbook isn't actually rooted (Dingleberry just gives partial root r/w access by doing a workaround, and it doesn't persist once DB is closed). So Superuser can't give apps any root access.
    jerryburst likes this.
    01-03-12 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD