First of all I would just like to point out I'm new to the world of blackberries! Haha
    So I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 locked too AT&T and I would like to use it with AT&T goPhone 50$ a month unlimited everything plan. I know that the goPhone doesnt offer a BIS data plan but if I use a third party browser and not the default browser will this work? Also will I be able to have email or MMS? If not are there any cheats around it like changing the APN? HELP PLEASE!
    01-02-12 03:44 PM
    First of all I would just like to point out I'm new to the world of blackberries! Haha
    So I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 locked too AT&T and I would like to use it with AT&T goPhone 50$ a month unlimited everything plan. I know that the goPhone doesnt offer a BIS data plan but if I use a third party browser and not the default browser will this work? Also will I be able to have email or MMS? If not are there any cheats around it like changing the APN? HELP PLEASE!
    sorrie , all the encryptions to blackberry is tied through their data services - since they run their own data towers w no interactions to your service providers . all email and bbm are pushed . the only thing you'd probably be able to do is net surf on a smartphone data plan , but no emails msn or whatsoever .. great plan , just not for berries x_X
    01-02-12 03:56 PM
    I am on the 50 Dollar plan with a 9000 and it works great. You can get all the MMS you want with it. I use the browser to check my email on the web. Send an MMS to anyone in your contact list. You can type a thousand characters instead of the 160 with SMS and send the MMS to any email contact you wish and they just respond to your message.
    Native browser can work. I use Outlook to sycn my contacts etc.
    01-14-12 10:55 PM
    Saw this older thread and this was my experience yesterday. currently at&t gophone 10c a minute with NO data plan or sms. Was using my ole 3gs +wifi for browser/email(att.net+hotmail) without issues as gophone. I am told newer iphones don't work this way. In any event, took my ole bold 9700 out of the closet and about an hour later, with same gophone plan (and sim), had wifi +browser+email working without any blackberry services. The only issue was my home router seemed to have to have ssid broadcast for wifi to work. So yes, you can do it, at least for 9700 without using dataplan or txt msg, or add data via gophone plan if you HAVE to have browser etc when not on wifi, but I really don't get why that is needed with so much wifi around now. I live in a rural area so on a good day I might get 3G (9700 shows 3G at my house with gophone sim - iphone rarely got 3g there) but 4G is lightyears away so that feature is useless to me ! If You want, you can add 200 txt msgs a month through gophone account (4.99) online and have it all. If I get brave I may try to pick up an unlkd 9900 and see if that works as well.FYI.
    Last edited by jay64; 08-23-12 at 02:43 PM.
    08-23-12 01:48 PM
    Just curious as to has anyone found out anything different since AT&T recently released new plans for prepaid smartphones.
    08-24-13 10:41 PM
    11-23-13 04:35 AM
    *resurrecting old thread*

my locked, AT&T Bold works with Cricket Wireless so I'm sure it's compatible with GoPhone service....getting ATT to allow the 9900 on a prepaid plan without data is a whole other story....
    07-06-15 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD