I'm curious to know everyone's current bold is holding up in terms of condition. Scratches? Drops? From my knowledge it isn't a completely solid device. Anyone care to share?
    09-03-08 09:40 PM
    hey
    no scratches
    one drop
    had to do a battery pull about 5 minutes ago
    however not the phones fault that will be the apps fault that crashed the phone
    otherwise browser speed is solid on 3G
    (wifi okay not great)
    everything is holding up great
    using the rubber skin when out of the provided holster

very very happy with the device
    much happier than I was with the curve
    (and I wasnt unhappy with the curve cause I loved it)
    09-03-08 09:48 PM
    Love it, screen clarity is awesome. Wondered why I didnt get rid of the Curve sooner

From time to time it will reboot itself but hey thats Blackberrys for ya.

Have only dropped it once and no marks on it and it keeps on going.

Only other hiccup I have is that when its on 3G it wont send an mms but if I change it to 2G it will send it.

Am over to Australia tomorrow morning so will see how it performs on the Vodafone Australia network.

Ned
    09-03-08 11:18 PM
    no serious issues.

So happy to be rid of the curve.
    09-04-08 02:18 AM
    Holding up great but then again I am still in the cherishing phase , clean screen 20 times a day LOL! even though original plastic screen cover that came with it is still on!!
    09-04-08 04:12 AM
    My plastic screen is still on too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 05:27 AM
    i have left my plastic cover on also but what was with the rubbish pocket that came with it? I use my 8800`s belt holster, protects it much better i find.
    09-04-08 06:57 AM
    I am on day 2. I bought it to get Roger's cheaper 3G rate, only to find out from Roger's Customer Service that the Salesman was wrong and I had to get a more expensive rate with a BES, still cheaper though. I left the screen protector on it (cut off the pull tab on top) and I am using the clunky holster that came with it. The magnet seems to hold better, looks like rubbish though.
    09-04-08 07:37 AM
    So would you say it's prone to scratches or it seems pretty tough?
    09-04-08 09:52 AM
    I'd say susceptible to scratches. If you take care of it you'll be ok, but it's amazing how easy it is to scratch the trim.

I have dropped mine as well. Was in the holster but it did bang up the trim... new trim on the way from cnn.cn! Phone works fine though. Aesthetically it's a pain to maintain, but the internals seems durable enough?
    09-04-08 11:43 AM
    Yeah I have dropped mine a couple of times but it was in the holster, thank God. No scratches and it doesn't seem like it affected the phone in any way.
    09-04-08 02:19 PM
    Plastic screen is still on...

No droppage...

No App error sillyness..

No Random resets...

Browser issues, but thats easy just don't use javascript..or use Opera Mini

No 3G drops (I'm in Halifax)

No Wifi drops

Running 4.6.0.134
    09-04-08 02:29 PM
    Removed the plastic screen on day 1, but screen is scratch free after over 2 weeks.

Dropped it a few times inside but no damage at all....

Got a clear skin on its way so hopefully should keep it in pristine condition, but i always end up using phones "naked" after a while
    09-04-08 02:43 PM
    Any dust under the screen like the Curves?
    09-04-08 02:46 PM
    Not as of yet thankfully, though cant see it happening seeing as the physical screen is so close to the protective screen.
    09-04-08 02:52 PM
    Sounds generally encouraging!

I find it interesting however that the 'flip top' cases or 'holsters' supplied with Rogers phone seem to be different from the slip in 'pocket' type ones we have here in the UK.
    09-04-08 04:24 PM
    Sounds generally encouraging!

I find it interesting however that the 'flip top' cases or 'holsters' supplied with Rogers phone seem to be different from the slip in 'pocket' type ones we have here in the UK.
    I'd prefer a slip-in pocket-style case to be honest... personal preference.
    09-04-08 09:18 PM
    I've heard the magnetic closure cases aren't too good to use with the phones according to att some kinda thing they did that it can screw with the phone maybe that's why they didn't make em for the bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 09:49 PM
    possible but if that was the case why would they activate the auto lock function when its put in the hoster? it is enabled by the magnet...lol
    09-05-08 05:31 AM
    Today is my Bold's 2 week old birthday.

- Updated from Running 4.6.0.125 (Rogers) to Running 4.6.0.134 a couple days ago to hoping for browser improvement. I was not dissappointed. Prior to the upgarde everything else was running smoothly.
    - I took off the screen protection peice and just use it naked. I use a leather pocket (without the clip). No drops. Seems very solid and sturdy in my hand.
    - no dropped calls; 3G is stable; WI-FI works well
    - One thing I did notice is that it took about 48 hours for the phone to stablize. During the first 48 hours, I got the app 205 error a few times and the phone would also get very warm. No problems now whatsoever.
    - Memory is fine, sits about about 33 MB free, 41 MB free after a battery pull. I just have a couple 3rd party aps installed.
    - Battery life is fine, about 75% of what I have with the Curve.
    - Video recordings are not good quality

In summary, I love this device.
    09-05-08 07:08 AM
    Got mine, futzed around with the new browser - EEK! Full screen to see a web forum I like - was HORRIBLE (not this forum) so I went running immediately into the comforting arms of Opera Mini and enabled "Mobile View" Ahhhhh! Thats better!

Does the BB browser have a mobile view style option (if so I couldn't find it) I suppose it might not as that would have been for WAP..??

Have some questions re Opera Mini and wifi - but thats for another thread.

Keyboard is odd and slippy feeling but I can see that being more comfortable and causing less sore thumbnails.

Protective plastic aint coming off until I can get a proper screen guard for it..!!!

Downloading Viigo now
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 09-05-08 at 09:01 AM.
    09-05-08 08:55 AM
    Love my blackberry bold so far. I am a medium sized noob and I am still running .125. I have never done a OS upgrade to a blackberry before so I am hesitant to go to .134. The reason I would though is because of the memory leak on my phone. After a fresh battery pull i have around 39 MB free. Since then i have gone all the way down to 23MB. Only 2 3rd party apps, msn, and weather. So not sure what is happening. I also find the battery to be suspect. I have my phone on 3G so that may drain the power a bit more, but i have to charge my phone everyday and I dont really talk on it that much. Mainly just BBM. Browser can be slow at times on both 3G and Wi-Fi. IF you were me would you upgrade to .134? I just wonder why rogers doesnt just come out and make it officially available to people?
    09-05-08 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD