Hey,
    looking for a good charging pod to buy for my blackberry 9900.
    Anyone know of a good one they have used or tested?
    Really need one so any help is appreciated

Thanks for your time!
    12-30-11 06:35 PM
    I don't have an budget. willing to spend a reasonable price. whats the difference between OEM and a aftermarket one? Sorry for such a noob question .
    12-30-11 06:43 PM
    Did you spent good money on the 9900, if so stick with OEM.
    12-30-11 06:53 PM
    Can anyone provide a link? Also, what's the difference?
    12-30-11 07:03 PM
    Can anyone provide a link? Also, what's the difference?
    OEM vs Aftermarket...

"What is the big difference between OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) products and Aftermarket products? An OEM product is indefinitely manufactured by the original manufacturer of a certain product and will usually run a bit higher in price than any Aftermarket product. The plus that you get when you purchase OEM products is quality, and trust in the form of the brand name, plus a warranty that accompanies the product. In retrospect, an After-market product will usually cost lower than an OEM product and is usually of lesser quality then its counterpart.

The specifications of the Aftermarket product will indefinitely match the specifications needed for the product you are trying to accessorize for your wireless device and it will work the same as an OEM, but the Aftermarket product will likely be manufactured and packaged in mass quantities in cheaper plastic packaging unlike an OEM product, which looks and feels better than the Aftermarket brand. Basically you will be paying for the brand name for an OEM product because its a trusted source so you will be paying more for something you know and trust (warranty). An aftermarket product is cheaper, but will work, though there is no backing of the product by the manufacturer, therefore you may be stuck with the distributors return policy for any protective measures against sudden early malfunction of the cellular/electronic product itself."

Link for 9900 charging pod... Let me google that for you
    12-30-11 07:22 PM
    I found the difference but thanks for providing more information. I wanted one that someone has tested or got that way I won't be buying one that doesn't fit perfectly or doesn't charge phone properly. I did state if anyone knew one they HAVE used or tested
    12-30-11 07:27 PM
    If you use a barely there case (non aluminum ones), it will fit on the oem dock. I have this set up. You might have play with it a bit to get the contacts to align but it works.
    12-30-11 07:34 PM
    The general consensus is... go for the OEM RIM charging pod.

Best UK price, Amazon... BlackBerry Charging Pod with UK Charger for Bold 9900: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I have one, and it works fine
    12-30-11 07:37 PM
    Thanks phill (i remembered the extra "L" ) appreciated!
    12-30-11 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD