My first GS2's were faulty and I am waiting on my third device to arrive from TMO. I really think this phone sucks. The core problems are around the email, its lack of response and horrid lag from the touch screen.

Anyone else have to return these devices? If the third is a dog; I am going to 'attempt' to get out of the contract and go w/another provider. If that does not work, then a different device would be appropriate.Thinking HTC Sensation?

anyone?
    12-30-11 01:10 PM
    I had the HTC Sensation and loved it...until a fateful accident destroyed the screen. My warranty replacement was faulty. The warranty replacement after that was faulty. I gave up and got the SGS2, which like you I found was pretty buggy as well. That, and the screen resolution drove me up the wall, and I forgot how much I disliked SAMOLED's color distortion (I have previously used the Samsung Vibrant). Now I'm using the Amaze and I LOVE it, except for there's some light bleed at the bottom. An app called Screen Filter takes care of that, though.

If you're looking for prepaid, you might want to check out T-Mo's prepaid plans. I'm actually on one now, having given up my grandfathered Even More Plus plan. I have 100 minutes, unlimited texts, and unlimited data for...$30!! The caveats: You pay full price for your devices (which I was used to anyway being on EM+) and you can't get insurance on the devices.
    12-30-11 01:15 PM
    I have unlimited talk & text w/2G data/mo for $50 for two years. I paid full price on the phone and I need a lot of minutes. I think the insurance is bogus as the device will likely have a problem before the manufacturer 1 year warranty is up.
    12-30-11 01:27 PM
    I have unlimited talk & text w/2G data/mo for $50 for two years. I paid full price on the phone and I need a lot of minutes. I think the insurance is bogus as the device will likely have a problem before the manufacturer 1 year warranty is up.
    That's a pretty good plan. I think your best bet would be to see if they'd offer you another phone if your 3rd SGS2 is a dud. I NEVER needed insurance in the nearly 5 years I've been using smartphones, but I was thankful I had it when my Sensation screen shattered! Now I'm never keeping my phones naked again!
    12-30-11 01:41 PM
    I never had a single issue with any of my Samsung phones. HTC however I had nothing but issues and doubt I will touch one again. My SGSII is nothing short of amazing. . The Sensation with its crappy viewing angles and battery life and dust under screen issues (like my Inc S) ....no thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-11 06:38 PM
    My SGSII is flawless. I have the AT&T version and its never given me a lick of trouble.
    12-30-11 07:04 PM
    Got the new Galaxy S2 LTE phone on Christmas with high expectations. Apparently, I should have read forums before going for this phone.
    Here is just few issues I have been having with this phone:
    1- internet connection => while still within Metro Toronto area 4G connection status goes on/off (greyed out); if I request a webpage at the time it is greyed, an error message pops-up with "No Internet connection, check your setting". I contacted tech support, but they were unable to resolve it; imagine my frustration when I was at my on-line banking site - I got kicked out and had to login again (!); of course, opening an email when the 4G is greyed out would not complete the email sync
    2 - battery life - this is just awful; with background data sync and no WiFi or Bluetooth, the battery runs down completely after only 7 hrs; playing a very simple game on the phone for 15 mins (locally, no using the Internet) depletes battery 30% (!)
    3 - Email applications - other than Gmail, other email software is rather primitive, I couldn't find how to delete more than one item at a time...
    4 - takes at least 15 mins until an email message is sync'd between my Hotmail Inbox with the device; about 1-2 mins for Gmail
    5 - phone, the sound is not the best, some people complained they could not hear me well; location of the microphone is such that when holding with your left hand, it may accidentally get over the mic...
    There might be more, but I have been using this device for only 4 days...I have had BB before and had no issues with reception and my BB battery would run for at least 2 days with a lot of background synch jobs; email/messaging was way faster.
    All in all, I am disappointed with this device.I am returning this device back to the Rogers Store for a replacement and will see if this was just one-off; otherwise, I will get BB9860
    01-05-12 11:57 AM
    #2, welcome to LTE. The hspa+ galaxy s2 battery life is quite good.
    #3, it's really easy to find a 3rd party email client, which there are many of.
    #4, Gmail should be push unless you aren't actually using the Gmail app...
    01-05-12 12:57 PM
    Having your "4G" go in and out would have nothing to do with the phone. It would be the "LTE" in the Toronto area. Did you Blackberry have 4G speeds? No? Ok then..

7 Hours on 4G is pretty respectable especially if it's constantly cutting in and out like you say it is searching for signal. Your best bet is to try to switch to 3G only if the "LTE" is spotty. As well..how often were things set to sync? Having Twitter client or FB client constantly refreshing is going to be hard on any battery..and as default they are set for very fast refreshes normally on Android. Screen brightness is also a big factor into battery life. But bottom line is you have an LTE device in a NEW LTE area. Expect hiccups..

You got 2 days on your old BB...but those days are few and far between anymore. Most new phones will go a full day but need to be charged by the end of it. If you're looking for strictly a texting/email phone..then you're best to go back to BB imo.
    Last edited by Rickroller; 01-05-12 at 02:13 PM.
    01-05-12 02:11 PM
    I enjoy my SGS2 but it is getting replaced/fixed right now. Had issues recognizing the SIM Card. All in all, a very very good phone other than the obvious problem I have with the phone. I have the SGS2, iP4 and a 9900 that I swap SIM's with regularly and if I were to pick only 1 phone to use for everything I would go with the SGS2(as much as I love my 9900), you will not be disappointed. There is a reason it was name the phone of the year for '11.
    01-05-12 04:21 PM
    I'm loving my Galaxy so far, but I just got it, so there is time to figure out more. But initial impressions have been solid.
    01-05-12 07:06 PM
    tmobile sgs2 + juggernaut 7.1 rom + faux123 0.0.75b kernel = win
    01-05-12 07:38 PM
    Loving my SGS2 as well, first unit and runs as smooth as butter. As with any Android, stock experience is meh.

Checkrom Revolution HD 4 + Siyah Kernel 2.6.7 + personal Voltage Control tweaks + LP1 modem = win.

Yup thats a lot of pluses lol. I personally put together this OS to suit me .
    01-19-12 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD