Need to install read and write East Asian language capability, and the latest OS from Partner Communication Israel is only a Multilanguage version.

Thank you.
    12-29-11 01:42 PM
    .579 is the latest version for Asia Pacific countries, and .585 for EMEA countries

The old 'East Asia' language pack doesn't seem to exist anymore for OS7 builds, they're either MultiLang, AllLang, jAsia, or jAllLang now.

Take your pick from here... BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    12-29-11 01:57 PM
    Thank you, Phill_UK. I guess I would probably need the AllLang, jAsia, or jAllLang. And all these 3s are .579 latest?

One more question, what's the difference between AllLang and jAllLang? I thought that AllLang means all Language, includes the reading and writing East Asian Language.

Thanks.
    12-29-11 05:47 PM
    I believe the 'j' versions also have Japanese input support, which the standard AllLang doesn't.

I'm not sure exactly which version you require, but the .579 ones all include Japanese input, and .585 is just standard AllLanguage (from Vodafone UK)
    12-29-11 05:58 PM
    I need to be able to read and write Chinese characters. Can I do that with AllLanguage? Or jLanguage?
    12-29-11 09:42 PM
    I need to be able to read and write Chinese characters. Can I do that with AllLanguage? Or jLanguage?
    You can install Chinese input with any All Language OS. I use Rogers .585.
    12-29-11 11:56 PM
    You can install Chinese input with any All Language OS. I use Rogers .585.

can you or anyone confirm if japanese language input is available on the jAllLang .585? I had the .585 jAllLang from Orange installed, and sadly japanese language input was not available, only viewing and reading. Getting more confusing for Japanese input users.
    12-30-11 03:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD