I have taken a lot of photos on my PB as well as uploaded more as I think it makes a pretty good camera and photo viewer.
    I received a 50G Box.net account and purchased Files & Folders and this has proven to be a good solution for viewing photos and saving storage space on my PB.

First I made a Photos folder on Box and then a folder for each of my photo collections
    Second I used the multi-select feature in Files and folders to cut and past the photos from PB to Box - this not only moved the files but deleted them from my PB, freeing up storage space.
    Third I logged on to Box from my laptop and using the bulk upload feature on Box I moved additional photos to Box
    Now - I open Files and folder - Swipe down to open Box, select my Photos folder and then the folder for the collection I want to view and press the Slide Show feature on Box
    This displays the photos as a slide show.

1 - 50 GB of storage on Box for free
    2 - Files and Folders for a couple of dollars
    3 - Frees up storage on the PB
    4 - Works with Wi-Fi and with Bridge (kind of slow but it works)
    5 - Play music on PB or use Slacker to add sound track
    6 - Can open Voice Notes while viewing the slide show and record a narration of the slide show and then play it back while viewing the slide show rather than music (and rather than having to repeat myself)

cons
    1- Can not pinch to zoom in F&F
    2- Side show can be a bit slow when you dont have good bandwidth
    3- Would be nice if the slide show would then open an editor or if you could at least delete files on the fly
    4- Can not rotate in F&F - would be nice

I just wanted to share this as a good solution - I use good as I expect there to be a great solution to follow but for now, this works pretty good.
    12-28-11 08:27 PM
    Good tip, and nice to hear you're putting our app to good use! We'll put some slideshow improvements on our (already rather long) to-do list.
    fbloise likes this.
    12-29-11 01:29 AM
    Good tip, and nice to hear you're putting our app to good use! We'll put some slideshow improvements on our (already rather long) to-do list.
    That would be much appreciated. I have several file management apps on my PB but I must say I use Files and Folders most often. One feature I think more folks need to know about is the Email feature. One limitation with the bridged email is that when you add an attachment, the file manager will only allow certain files to show up such as .doc and .xls or .jpg. For work I am often sending drawing files or quick book files etc. These files are not supported by the bridge attachment but I can open F&F and email then direct from there. Keep up the good work.
    12-29-11 08:12 AM
    Thank you BKillar for putting this solution together. I just did it now and it does the 80% that I'm looking for.

The Files and Folders app with Box.net integration is excellent. With 50 GB of Box.net space, this is great.

My "ask" of Innovatology (the makers of Files and Folders app) is the ability to automatically rotate pics taken in portrait mode and the ability to randomize the pics in slideshow mode.

The final ask of Innovatology is the ability to connect to a local network share/NAS to access my pics locally as opposed to over the net and sucking up bandwidth.

If this was all possible, that would complete the 20% that I'm looking for.

EDIT: If it was also possible to disable the backlight from going off or going into standby, that would be a real treat.

For now, I'm relatively satisfied. Thanks.
    Last edited by TotalDistinction; 12-29-11 at 11:24 AM.
    12-29-11 11:01 AM
    Great stuff: I was looking for something like this. Innovatology, would you consider rolling the photo manager features into a separate, slimmed-down stand-alone app? It could even pick up the settings from Files & Folders where people had both installed.
    12-29-11 12:18 PM
    Unless I missed it, a list of frequent email recipients would be nice since there is no link to my contact list. So, if I could create a list of say 5-10 folks I frequently send stuff to, would be nice. Particularly, since you cannot cut/paste directly from the contact/address book but have to start editing a contact to grab their email address.
    12-29-11 06:51 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions folks! As with any productivity app, we need to be mindful of feature creep, but there are some good ideas here. We'll look into implementing some of them in the next update(s).
    Last edited by Innovatology; 01-04-12 at 06:49 AM.
    12-30-11 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD