Does PB play nicely with the new wireless hard drives? I'm specifically interested in the Kingston wi-drive.

It seems like a no brainer way to add 32 gigs of capacity to my PB...wondering if anyone has any useful insights or information. (I already know it is FAT and not NTFS which is ok by me.)

Googling and searching Crackberr turn up relatively little info or even anecdotes on whether/how well this relatively new technology interacts with the PB.

Any stories about using it a BB phone are also welcome.

Thanks ahead of time!
    Last edited by blumstar; 12-28-11 at 06:29 PM.
    12-28-11 06:21 PM
    you might have to use it via a server interface, or through your homepc and shared access.

it might be in the works in the rooting community.

this is the reason i got a 64.
    12-28-11 06:30 PM
    Sorry I can't answer your question, as I too have been reading up on the new Wifi external HDs.

Right now I can wifi to my PC and then store everything on my 2TB External HD. So a wifi HD would be duplicating what I already have for now.

But hopefully a poster who has one, will come in and post.
    12-28-11 06:30 PM
    Is this what you're talking about?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...bought-629733/
    12-28-11 06:35 PM
    To clarify, this is just for the portabble (read battery powered) Hard drives or flash mem (like the wi-drive by Kingston).

I'm interested to see whether we'll soon have essentially unlimited storage upgrade capacity (as the wireless storage technology improves)
    12-28-11 06:36 PM
    @kbz yes, except the "flash" version which is much smaller and made by Kingston.

Link: Kingston launches Wi-Drive for iOS device storage | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews
    12-28-11 06:40 PM
    @kbz yes, except the "flash" version which is much smaller and made by Kingston.

Link: Kingston launches Wi-Drive for iOS device storage | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews
    I wonder if that would work just trying to connect to the IP.
    12-28-11 06:58 PM
    I use the seagate and it works well
    12-28-11 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD