Is there an app that locks the device upon closing the slider on the Torch 9810? Like without having to push the lock button?
    12-28-11 11:46 AM
    EveryLock has keyboard slider open/close functionality.
    12-28-11 01:34 PM
    I like swipe lock. have it set to lock after one minute of non-use.
    I use it in conjuction with the built in screen lock with slider on the 7.1 update *thanks, Mecca!)
    12-28-11 08:03 PM
    Use PatternLock. Tested others but all crap!.
    12-29-11 03:20 AM
    So on EveryLock when I close the slide it is locked as if I would have used the lock button. How does this work in conjunction with the lock button? Does it still work? Let's say when it's closed and locked, can I still unlock it with the button, or do I have to open the slide? Sometimes you just wanna check the time real quick and don't wanna open the slide for that and just push the unlock button.
    12-29-11 07:35 AM
    So on EveryLock when I close the slide it is locked as if I would have used the lock button. How does this work in conjunction with the lock button? Does it still work? Let's say when it's closed and locked, can I still unlock it with the button, or do I have to open the slide? Sometimes you just wanna check the time real quick and don't wanna open the slide for that and just push the unlock button.
    So, I'm guessing you picked lock->slider to lock the phone when the slider closed. So, you can pick some other event to unlock as well or use the default unlock key mentioned in the app.
    12-29-11 07:53 AM
    I have not installed it yet. I just wanted to know once it is locked with the slider closed if I can unlock it with the button without having to open the slide to like check the time or so. That's actually all I need the app for.
    12-29-11 08:34 AM
    I have not installed it yet. I just wanted to know once it is locked with the slider closed if I can unlock it with the button without having to open the slide to like check the time or so. That's actually all I need the app for.
    Pretty sure you can do that with AutoLock. You can use either the slider or the lock button to unlock the device.

Buy Auto Lock - Prevent Accidental Key Press and Calls by Automatic Device Lock after Screen Backlight Off - Download Auto Lock - Prevent Accidental Key Press and Calls by Automatic Device Lock after Screen Backlight Off - Buy Apps from BlackBerry Ap
    12-29-11 09:27 AM
    Thanks for the tip Adam, but it is unavailable for my device (9810). It also has the iPhone style finger slide. I was looking for something that does what my old RIZR did, it locked the phone upon slider closed. But I could unlock it with a button without having to open the slider.
    12-29-11 10:36 AM
    Thanks for the tip Adam, but it is unavailable for my device (9810). It also has the iPhone style finger slide. I was looking for something that does what my old RIZR did, it locked the phone upon slider closed. But I could unlock it with a button without having to open the slider.
    Try QuickSlide, it locked upon slider closed and to unlocked you can choose to raise slider or press the back key twice.
    Last edited by loonaticsz; 12-29-11 at 11:10 AM.
    12-29-11 11:02 AM
    I use Slide2Open...it works great, can customize background of locked screen.
    12-29-11 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD