Hey guys, just wondering if the bricking issue is finally resolved. I updated my bb 9900 yesterday. It has been working really well, but I'm wondering if the update has finally COMPLETELY gotten rid of the bricking issue. I updated it for the sole purpose of making sure it doesn't brick. Can anyone tell me what the chance of my phone bricking is? Thx
    12-27-11 11:26 PM
    I haven't read much of it lately.

I upgraded to 7.1 and everything has been peachy.
    12-27-11 11:31 PM
    I think so, but I am still concerned. Could have sworn that I saw an AT&T poster comment that his phone had bricked recently; however, I'm about ready to take the plunge.
    12-27-11 11:51 PM
    Not for Verizon. .374 is one of the OSes with the bricking issue and VZW is still stuck on it.

Obviously with leaks many can avoid this issue with 7.1 or even 7.0.0.5XX builds, but for the average user on Verizon the issue is still very real.
    12-28-11 12:07 AM
    i got mine the 2nd week of launch and i was getting worried. i'm not on vzn, so i'm going back to charging overnight.
    12-28-11 12:33 AM
    I think it all comes down to back pocket phone storage and excessive flatulence. Avoid that and you should be fine.
    12-28-11 12:34 AM
    Isn't anyone reading the threads right below the one
    they post?? However the answer is no
    12-28-11 12:35 AM
    Hey guys, just wondering if the bricking issue is finally resolved. I updated my bb 9900 yesterday. It has been working really well, but I'm wondering if the update has finally COMPLETELY gotten rid of the bricking issue. I updated it for the sole purpose of making sure it doesn't brick. Can anyone tell me what the chance of my phone bricking is? Thx
    As long as your running 7.1 you can now charge overnight without worrin about a broken phone when you wake up. 9930/7.1.0.163 On VZW
    12-28-11 04:34 AM
    As long as your running 7.1 you can now charge overnight without worrin about a broken phone when you wake up. 9930/7.1.0.163 On VZW
    I'm not running 7.1, or on VZW, and I've been able to charge overnight without bricking since day one... so your BS theory doesn't work
    wolfee48 and JR A like this.
    12-28-11 06:20 AM
    Phones are still bricking. Read through the 9900/9930 forum. New threads every day about phoines bricking or nuking. It's making me consider an iPhone.
    12-28-11 06:22 AM
    I'm not running 7.1, or on VZW, and I've been able to charge overnight without bricking since day one... so your BS theory doesn't work
    Your comment makes no sense
    12-28-11 06:23 AM
    Your comment makes no sense
    Nor did yours, so I guess that makes us equal
    12-28-11 06:25 AM
    Phones are still bricking. Read through the 9900/9930 forum. New threads every day about phoines bricking or nuking. It's making me consider an iPhone.
    I am well aware, and bored sh1tless from reading about it... every bloody day!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    12-28-11 06:27 AM
    Nor did yours, so I guess that makes us equal
    Not at all. My phone bricked over 5 times running 7.0 now that 7.1 is installed I don't have issues along with many other people. The majority of ppl complaining aren't taking the steps to swap their OS. Their simply calling their carrier. So yes ur comment makes no sense
    lovin2act likes this.
    12-28-11 06:28 AM
    I am well aware, and bored sh1tless from reading about it... every bloody day!
    Then here's to hoping RIM fixes it. :/cheers
    12-28-11 06:29 AM
    Not at all. My phone bricked over 5 times running 7.0 now that 7.1 is installed I don't have issues along with many other people. The majority of ppl complaining aren't taking the steps to swap their OS. Their simply calling their carrier. So yes ur comment makes no sense
    Your phone bricked over 5 times? That makes no sense whatsoever!

A phone can only brick once... period
    wolfee48 likes this.
    12-28-11 06:34 AM
    There hasn't been any new posts that I have seen personally from people who updated to 7.1 and had there phone brick but since it happened with the old OS's just something to keep in thought that it may who knows for sure yet though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-11 06:51 AM
    i'm not on vzn, so i'm going back to charging overnight.
    Um, that issue isn't limited to VZW.

Your phone bricked over 5 times? That makes no sense whatsoever!

A phone can only brick once... period
    lmao....makes ya wonder doesn't it!
    wolfee48 likes this.
    12-28-11 07:30 AM
    I manage 15 BB's and have had 4 9930's brick/nuke/red light/reboot (whatever you want to call it) in the last few months. This morning another user woke up to the same problem but I was successful in bringing a 9930 back to life! I used the 7.1 download from Sprint (We are on Verizon) and deleted the vendor file in the Application folder (Only found 1 vendor file). Removed the battery and waited till the battery missing icon appeared (while plugged into usb of PC). Then started the app loader process and after a couple minutes it finally responded and allowed me to update the OS! Once the app loader was waiting for the phone to initialize, I put the battery back in and the BB logo appeared and started to boot! Hoping to update all BB's to 7.1 very soon! Hope this helps someone!
    12-28-11 09:25 AM
    Ya I updated to v7.0.0.0.585 and it seems to work great and not brick so far.
    Ill update to 7.1 when theirs an official release I guess lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-11 10:06 AM
    I've been charging overnight since day one. I've installed .374 twice and now I'm on 7.1 and have not bricked. I've installed and deinstalled many apps... still no bricking issue. I've ran my battery down to near shutdown... still no bricking.

There is no specific reason for the bricking. Everyone is pointing fingers here and there. Don't do this and don't do that. Sit tight and be patient... maybe you'll brick... maybe you won't.

RIM will not release any info until they know for a fact that they have a resolution.
    12-28-11 10:44 AM
    RIM will not release any info until they know for a fact that they have a resolution.
    I'm not convinced RIM will ever release any info...

They fixed the OS6 JavaScript 'hacking threat' issue with an OS update, and never announced that.

They also fixed the 9780 'stuttering keypad' issue with an OS update, and never announced that either.

Maybe they've already fixed the 9900/9930 'bricking' issue with an OS update?

Doesn't it seem strange that the recent OS updates (.576 .579 .585 & .590 for the 9900 and 7.1.0.163 for the 9930) all share the same common trait... the 100% - 92% battery drop, when none of the previous versions did?

I think we all know that the 'bricking' issue is in some way related to the device's battery management, so perhaps that was the fix?

Pure speculation, but that's my theory anyway... and I'm sticking to it until I hear anything to the contrary
    wolfee48 likes this.
    12-28-11 11:07 AM
    FWIW - the 9780 wasn't a software fix (stuttering keyboard). I had it on 2 phones and in both cases, it was the keyboard that I changed to fix the problem.
    12-28-11 11:12 AM
    I think it all comes down to back pocket phone storage and excessive flatulence. Avoid that and you should be fine.
    So your saying that farting with the 9900 in your back pocket is causing "bricked" phones??
    wolfee48 likes this.
    12-28-11 11:17 AM
    I'm not convinced RIM will ever release any info...

They fixed the OS6 JavaScript 'hacking threat' issue with an OS update, and never announced that.

They also fixed the 9780 'stuttering keypad' issue with an OS update, and never announced that either.

Maybe they've already fixed the 9900/9930 'bricking' issue with an OS update?

Doesn't it seem strange that the recent OS updates (.576 .579 .585 & .590 for the 9900 and 7.1.0.163 for the 9930) all share the same common trait... the 100% - 92% battery drop, when none of the previous versions did?

I think we all know that the 'bricking' issue is in some way related to the device's battery management, so perhaps that was the fix?

Pure speculation, but that's my theory anyway... and I'm sticking to it until I hear anything to the contrary
    I could agree with you any less. This bricking issue being threaded all the time is wearing me out.... I'm done for now.
    12-28-11 11:20 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD