hi i just connected my playbook to my laptop, now i have lost the internet connection (wifi) and cant get it back. i think another network connection was automatically created (rim) and now i keep getting error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT RESOLVED)

I am running windows vista, i have hp6735s dual core, 4 gb ram

i have tried all the solutions regarding error 105 but to no avail so im posting here since it must be due to the playbook

many thanks
    12-27-11 02:59 PM
    To REBOOT: Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shoot and probably missed the PowerButton.

Open the run window and type in the IP address of your pb in the form of

//192.168.x.y/media Where you put your address in those number fields.
    12-27-11 04:21 PM
    To REBOOT: Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shoot and probably missed the PowerButton.

Open the run window and type in the IP address of your pb in the form of

//192.168.x.y/media Where you put your address in those number fields.

thanks for the reply, sorry abit of a noob when talking about networks, what do u mean when u say run window?

thanks
    12-31-11 06:05 PM
    Depending on the version of Windows, in the lower left of the tasktray is the Windows symbol or whatever. Click that. In the text entry area type your address. I don't think you have to type RUN in certain versions of windows????
    12-31-11 07:24 PM
    did you try a system restore to a point before your problems began?
    12-31-11 07:38 PM
    Depending on the version of Windows, in the lower left of the tasktray is the Windows symbol or whatever. Click that. In the text entry area type your address. I don't think you have to type RUN in certain versions of windows????
    hi,i push start and type ip address which is 192.1.68.1.74 it says windows cant find it. i click on the run icon and type ip address withsame result, when i searched for playbook ip address am i also supposed to have something in the ivp6 settings? i ask because i have been searching forums as to y laptop internet is not working nd ppl are talking about ivp6 settings. i have tried to switch off ivp6 settings but this doesnt seem to work either. this is so frustrating. n e advice would be appreciated. many thanks
    01-03-12 02:52 PM
    did you try a system restore to a point before your problems began?
    the funnything is, it seems have system restore points,but am convinced i did hve some,n e way i am unable to system restore
    01-03-12 02:54 PM
    hi,i push start and type ip address which is 192.1.68.1.74 it says windows cant find it. i click on the run icon and type ip address withsame result, when i searched for playbook ip address am i also supposed to have something in the ivp6 settings? i ask because i have been searching forums as to y laptop internet is not working nd ppl are talking about ivp6 settings. i have tried to switch off ivp6 settings but this doesnt seem to work either. this is so frustrating. n e advice would be appreciated. many thanks
    That address is TOO long.

Open the GEAR/Options. Select About. Use dropdown and pick Network. Scroll the info that shows (there's more lower down) and find WIFI. There is the IPv4 address - try that. 192.168.1.103 (in my case)
    01-03-12 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD