Why has there been no furthur information on the bricking
    issue from the manufacture. The silence from RIM is unacceptable.
    Everyone on the forum is guessing without any help from anyone.
    RIM really sucks and is causing undo anxiety.
    mud314 likes this.
    12-27-11 01:34 PM
    Pretty sure it's been fixed with the newer OS updates. Are people still having problems with it?

I have had my 9900 for a month now and no problems at all.
    12-27-11 01:55 PM
    This reminds me of the keyboard stuttttering issue which earned RIM's silence, too!
    12-27-11 01:59 PM
    havent seen or heard a bricking issue for about a month.
    they did announce they were working on it and it seems as if they have fixed the issue.
    12-27-11 01:59 PM
    sure,
    if RIM has fixed this issue...
    they must acknowledge it and publish..
    so they can attract more buyers...
    BKWILLIAMS likes this.
    12-27-11 02:04 PM
    Mine bricked two weeks ago (9930 on Verizon latest released OS). I got it replaced on warranty but it came with the same OS. Find it hard to believe it was fixed. Mine worked great for 4 months before ity bricked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-11 02:08 PM
    Mine went EXTREMLY laggy the second day using it. It took 5 mins to turn on (Not a reboot). Just pressing the lock button to turn it on lol.
    I was a little worried bout that.
    And now its fine again
    12-27-11 02:29 PM
    I'm running 7.1 on a verizon 9930. Haven't had any problems. And I've left it on the charger all day. 7.1 fixxes the issues.
    12-27-11 02:37 PM
    No - it "doesn't fix the issues" as you put it. The bricking issue has NOT yet been adressed in any firmware updates that we know of. There are a plethora of threads here about bricked phones in the past days/weeks. Just because your phone is working with 7.1 doesn't mean the issue has been resolved; it just means your phone hasn't bricked. It may never, or it may anytime, same as others around here.
    12-27-11 02:42 PM
    I would like to think they would release a statement when it is fixed.
    12-27-11 02:43 PM
    No - it "doesn't fix the issues" as you put it. The bricking issue has NOT yet been adressed in any firmware updates that we know of. There are a plethora of threads here about bricked phones in the past days/weeks. Just because your phone is working with 7.1 doesn't mean the issue has been resolved; it just means your phone hasn't bricked. It may never, or it may anytime, same as others around here.
    Obviously fixxed the issue if I'm able to charge my phone without a brick.
    12-27-11 02:45 PM
    havent seen or heard a bricking issue for about a month.
    they did announce they were working on it and it seems as if they have fixed the issue.
    There's at least one new thread everyday here about a 9900/9930 bricking.
    12-27-11 02:47 PM
    That is the core of the problem, it is not reproducible and doesn't seem to hit every phone. From the reports I've seen here in forums it is not even reproducible on the same device. That makes it very difficult for anyone to determine the cause, and almost impossible for RIM test any proposed "fix". Without a proved and tested fix there is nothing to announce.
    12-27-11 02:53 PM
    Thats my point, read this thread and every other thread on Bricking.
    No one knows whats going on. not a clue just babble. This is
    amazing that Rim hasn't said a thing nor have they said this any
    of new the update has solved the problems. No one knows anything!!!
    It's alll Speculation, how can acompany go from the top of the heap
    to the bootom of the barrel. An old lesson to be learned here..
    12-27-11 03:08 PM
    That is the core of the problem, it is not reproducible and doesn't seem to hit every phone. From the reports I've seen here in forums it is not even reproducible on the same device. That makes it very difficult for anyone to determine the cause, and almost impossible for RIM test any proposed "fix". Without a proved and tested fix there is nothing to announce.
    That is not possible, RIM must have some sort of simulation method that can reproduce bricking.
    and seriously you don't need to do great work here.
    just put some apps and charge for nigh...
    i am sure this is a hardware issue and software is unable to fix it.
    may be some work around can be done.
    but RIM is really not good in maintaining their old devices (99xx is old now).
    think of 9780 keyboard issue, RIM did nothing about it.
    12-27-11 03:09 PM
    Obviously fixxed the issue if I'm able to charge my phone without a brick.
    Completely illogical statement. Just because you can charge your phone does not mean they have fixed the issue.
    1magine likes this.
    12-27-11 03:12 PM
    The general problem which i have experience with my 9930 and countless reading hours it seems to be when your battery drops below 10 percent to all radios off and you try to recharge it, it basically bricks your phone. thats why most people say they went to bed put it on charge and woke up with the light blinking.

how hard is it to simulate that
    12-27-11 03:21 PM
    Coz RIM is f*cked up and has no idea of what to do
    12-27-11 03:25 PM
    Trust me they know !!!!!!!!!
    12-27-11 03:27 PM
    lol my inner thoughts exactly
    12-27-11 03:27 PM
    All this BeBold stuff I think is going to be some crazy update/fix.
    12-27-11 04:57 PM
    think of 9780 keyboard issue, RIM did nothing about it.
    RIM fixed that months ago with a software update (any build post .650)
    12-27-11 05:10 PM
    This is the only place I've seen post that RIM has confirmed there is an issue.

18 Nov 2011 - CNBC: RIM Confirms Power Problems With New BlackBerry Models

RIM spokeswoman confirmed that a "limited number of customers have reported an issue where their device does not power on." She said the company is "actively working on a software update to resolve this issue."
    Odd that nobody else got such news.

No, the issue is not resolved. Just had 2 9930's with the latest released OS from VZW that I have seen (7.0.0 bundle 1739) brick this past weekend. When did VZW release 7.1? The latest showing up on my phones update tool and on http://www.vzam.net/blackberry/ is 7.0.
    Last edited by ChilledBB; 12-27-11 at 05:38 PM.
    12-27-11 05:34 PM
    Verizon never released OS 7.1. Sprint is the only one to I believe.
    12-27-11 05:59 PM
    I bet RIM wishes it had a time machine about now.
    12-27-11 06:06 PM
201 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD