Hi guys,

I recently got my playbook. I really like the display and the OS. BUT i really miss certain things which take a lot away the fun.

1. skype. Anyone knows anything about native client? Or any way how to get the native client working, android app player?
    2. firefox browser. I do not really care a lot about firefox since I like the native browser. The problem is adblock / noscript. Those two addons are essential for me, since I really get spammed by ad. For instance I watch a lot justin.tv and now on playbook every 5 min I'm flooded by ad. I have not found any way how to prevent this. Maybe anyone knows. Any other suggestion is more than appreciated.
    3. native clients for netflix / justin.tv, etc. Anyone knows anything about this?
    4. BB messenger. Maybe I'm blind but I do not even find that on appstore. In general the appstore is pretty low on free content.

I appreciate every help.
    12-27-11 12:49 PM
    1. No skype hopefully with 2.0 update in FEB. Until then you can root the PB and maybe you will be able to use skype.
    2. Firefox no
    3. net flix no
    bb messenger you can bbm on the playbook through your blackberry bridge.
    12-27-11 01:01 PM
    awesome. My day gets better. Do you know any way how to get rid of all those ads? Is it anyhow possible to get an adblock for the existing browser? Do you have links for the blackberry bridge? I do not really have experience with bb.

Thanks a lot.
    12-27-11 01:19 PM
    Most people ask these kind of questions before getting something expensive...

Anyway, just search "Bridge" in AppWorld and download the app to your phone. Or just select "BlackBerry Bridge" in your PlayBook's settings and it will guide you through the process.
    12-27-11 01:24 PM
    Depending on the sites and what you need, you can disable Flash or Javascript. That tends to reduce the amount of ads that show up. Unfortunately some sites need them on to display properly.
    12-27-11 01:29 PM
    Hi guys,

I recently got my playbook. I really like the display and the OS. BUT i really miss certain things which take a lot away the fun.

1. skype. Anyone knows anything about native client? Or any way how to get the native client working, android app player?
    2. firefox browser. I do not really care a lot about firefox since I like the native browser. The problem is adblock / noscript. Those two addons are essential for me, since I really get spammed by ad. For instance I watch a lot justin.tv and now on playbook every 5 min I'm flooded by ad. I have not found any way how to prevent this. Maybe anyone knows. Any other suggestion is more than appreciated.
    3. native clients for netflix / justin.tv, etc. Anyone knows anything about this?
    4. BB messenger. Maybe I'm blind but I do not even find that on appstore. In general the appstore is pretty low on free content.

I appreciate every help.
    nope. the playbook can't do any of this. the latter you can with a blackberry but i dont have one of those so meh.

Most people ask these kind of questions before getting something expensive...
    not unless you got it as a gift. even so, for the original $499 price, everyone expected to have these basic functions already which is why it was a huge flop.

as for adblocking..only android and iOS. there really isn't much of a dev community for the playbook to port those things over.
    12-27-11 02:31 PM
    so ok android has it. but as far as i understand there is an android launcher?
    Any way just to start the firefox browser in the app launcher?

Well i have had read a lot about it but also some questions arise once you start working with it. The problem for me was that I actually have since I have firefox always adblock on so I never realized that problem with ad for instance on justin.tv. It's just once I switched i saw the problem, literally.

I mean for 199 that device is pretty awesome. I love the display and the native os for its speed and my major basic things I can do. Just the ad on some website really is killing me. I do not want to switch off flash since that was the major reason i got that device and tbh justin.tv without flash doesnt work anyway.

For bridge I will look it up. tx
    12-27-11 02:37 PM
    not unless you got it as a gift. even so, for the original $499 price, everyone expected to have these basic functions already which is why it was a huge flop.
    Someone had to spend the money on it didn't they? So that someone should have done their research, and knew that the person receiving it would want (would hope so at least) these kind of basic functions like you say.

Giving someone something that was a "huge flop" doesn't sound like a gift either, more like a headache...
    12-27-11 02:46 PM
    so ok android has it. but as far as i understand there is an android launcher?
    Any way just to start the firefox browser in the app launcher?

Well i have had read a lot about it but also some questions arise once you start working with it. The problem for me was that I actually have since I have firefox always adblock on so I never realized that problem with ad for instance on justin.tv. It's just once I switched i saw the problem, literally.

I mean for 199 that device is pretty awesome. I love the display and the native os for its speed and my major basic things I can do. Just the ad on some website really is killing me. I do not want to switch off flash since that was the major reason i got that device and tbh justin.tv without flash doesnt work anyway.

For bridge I will look it up. tx
    nope. firefox doesn't work in the android player either.
    12-27-11 02:47 PM
    You can turn pop up blocker on by swiping down while you have your browser open and tap options. Under security
    12-27-11 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD