Hey everyone... is anyone else having this issue.. I am trying to assign a particular ringtone for a contact. I go thru the normal steps, when i get to the point were i select the ringtone.. i scroll all the way down and go to the option "All Music" i find the tone i want but my 9860 will not let me select it or any others. Is there a work-around for this.. or am i doing something wrong.
    Last edited by RedVixen81; 12-27-11 at 08:35 AM. Reason: spelling error
    12-27-11 08:34 AM
    I just went through it again with a new contact and it works fine. Sometimes I've noticed that you have to select with the track pad instead of touching it. So, highlight the song you want, then press the trackpad. You can then scroll to the bottom of the page and highlight, then press, "Try It" and that will tell you if you've got it actually entered in the field.

Then press the Back button, and click "Save" upon exit. Should work.
    12-27-11 10:40 PM
    Its still not working ......grrrr
    12-28-11 07:28 PM
    I even tried with creating a new contact still nada. Oh well
    12-28-11 07:33 PM
    I opened a contact and did an edit, added a ringtone and it has that ringtone. Maybe because you're trying to choose a full song?
    12-28-11 07:44 PM
    I believe I have accomplished this as follows: Options (that wrench icon): Sounds and Ringtones: Sounds for Contacts: Add contact Alert (you will have to add the name to a list to select in the contact alerts): then select the contact name from your list and set the ring tones and alerts the way you want them. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by indiscression; 02-26-13 at 08:46 AM. Reason: additional info provided
    01-16-13 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD