Hello,

My DVD player has a USB input. I once saw a friend use his Torch to connect to the USB of his DVD player, and it listed all files, etc. I had a Torch back then, and I tried to do so on mine and it didn't work.

Now, I have a 9900 and it still doesn't work. I'm wondering if it's possible at all. I'm not a newb, so I'm pretty sure I've tried everything. Also, the TV has an HDMI input - but I don't know if there's a mini-USB to HDMI cable these days?
    12-27-11 05:08 AM
    When you connected to the DVD player, did you see a prompt which says "USB Mode" , "Sync Media" or "Charge Only"? If you didn't looks like you won't be able to do what you are trying to describe
    12-27-11 05:44 AM
    That's what I figured. And no prompt.
    12-27-11 06:32 AM
    On your dvd player you have to change the input mode to usb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-11 11:28 AM
    Could it be thay your DVD doesn't support it? Try asking your friend to connect to YOUR DVD player or you connect to his player.

- Charles
    12-27-11 06:06 PM
    my 9900 works on my PS3, i can see all my folders and music and pics, and run everything from that.
    12-27-11 06:16 PM
    You should look up your DVD player's brand and model name to see if it supports anything with "mass storage mode". If it doesn't, then you're out of luck.
    melander likes this.
    12-27-11 06:51 PM
    Also check your options and see if it is set to prompt you for mass storage mode. If not ofcourse set it to prompt.
    12-27-11 08:14 PM
    Thanks guys. However, I'm guessing it supports mass storage mode because I'm able to plugin USB Flash drives and able to play movies of supported format from it.
    12-27-11 11:01 PM
    This will only work if your BB isn't password protected and isn't using any memory/SD encryption.
    12-28-11 08:29 AM
    My LG DVD/DVR can play off of a USB Flash memory Stick but it cannot read my Western Digital hard drive as it doesn't have the brains to detect the drive and activate it. Same experience with my 9900 the DVR treats it like a hard drive and not like dumb flash memory, it is not able to shake hands with the BlackBerry to get it to allow it access to the memory.
    12-28-11 11:52 AM
    You need to check the model and specifications of your dvd before you can use the usb port for attaching it to your 9900. Also try attaching it to your PS3, because the usb port if attachable, will be visible.
    12-29-11 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD