So I installed pandora and twitter and when I opened pandora a screen popped up that said recently ran apps or something of that nature and it had all the apps I had used previously on the android app player, I was wondering if there is anyway I can manually get back to that screen since I havent been able too since that happend?
    12-25-11 11:01 PM
    The window with the last six recent aplications on? It appears every time I close an android app for me... like the app itself is closed, but the AP is still open.
    12-26-11 12:11 AM
    u have to use the back "key" (swipe diagonally from he bottom) until you close the android app. It will show you the recent apps page...usually
    12-26-11 01:46 AM
    u have to use the back "key" (swipe diagonally from he bottom) until you close the android app. It will show you the recent apps page...usually
    is this going to change in the final 2.0? because 'closing' an app like this is so annoying.
    12-26-11 01:52 AM
    no idea..but i kinda like it
    I have to apps i have to use like one after the other and it's really convenient
    12-26-11 02:50 AM
    no idea..but i kinda like it
    I have to apps i have to use like one after the other and it's really convenient
    how is it convenient to have to push 'back' button a bunch of times every time you want to close an app...
    12-26-11 12:11 PM
    U can just close it the "playbook way" so what's the problem?
    Tules likes this.
    12-26-11 01:47 PM
    how is it convenient to have to push 'back' button a bunch of times every time you want to close an app...
    Android doesn't work the same way the PB OS does. The Playbook will generally allow you to have multiple programs open and running at the same time. Blah blah "true multitasking". Android doesn't really do that. What it does instead is save state when you switch from one program to another. So on an Android device, if you're in the web browser and you switch to the calendar, the OS saves the condition of the web browser, closes it, runs the calendar, and loads whatever state the calendar was last in. It looks like multiple programs are open at once, but they really aren't.

The Android player does something similar. Within the player, you get one program running at any given time. So you "close" the app by swiping up and hitting the X button. You don't need to do this though. The next time you run any android program, the state of the one you were just in is saved, and the Android player switches just like it were a real device. You do not accumulate a pile of running/open programs in the same sense that you do PB native programs.

Too long, didn't read? Summary: don't "close" Android apps.
    12-26-11 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD