Hi everyone,

I have a doubt, it is possible to hack a blackberry GSM for voice data?Since it is very well known that GSM voice calls can be hacked....
    12-25-11 02:34 PM
    Hi everyone,

I have a doubt, it is possible to hack a blackberry GSM for voice data?Since it is very well known that GSM voice calls can be hacked....
    Whatnare you wanting to do and w/ what?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-11 07:24 PM
    since i read over internet regarding GSM,I am very disturbed.I have no intentions of hacking, but just wanted to know whether my blackberry gsm can be hacked or not?
    12-25-11 09:30 PM
    Yea the calls can be hacked because its out of the phone companies reach. Its actually your carriers fault. Still I think you can get an encrypted line and then you won't have to worry about getting hacked.
    12-25-11 09:44 PM
    Yeah right its the carriers fault and not the handsets.....how do one get an encrypted line in gsm??? One more way is to shift to any other technology......Your comments???
    12-26-11 10:47 AM
    Actually any kind of cellular band can be prone to the hacking your talking about. Your best shot would be to call your carrier and ask them if they have an encrypted line available. It will cost extra I warn you.
    12-26-11 11:01 AM
    Some carriers can provide encrypted lines.
    But most likely you won't get hacked.
    12-26-11 03:07 PM
    Seriously, gsm can and should be interceptable.
    12-26-11 06:12 PM
    You shouldn't worry about it. The imsi catcher has to be very close to you so that it appears to be the strongest signal.
    GSM is encrypted. The imsi catcher has to have the ability to turn encryption off. If this happens some devices will tell ya. I don't know if blackberrys is 1 of them.
    Having a 3g phone adds alittle more protection. The imsi catcher won't connect to ya in 3g. So if your in an area that always has 3g and all od sudden you have 2g its time to check w/ the carrier.
    I dont really see a need in worring about getting hackped.
    12-26-11 07:57 PM
    .. Any voice calls can be hacked / tapped / listened by government agencies (incl. Military) only if they have the technology to do it and the permission to do it (I.e. court order / legislation / law).. Yes the technology does exist.. Your carrier has a backup server which records your voice calls and SMS called the CDR (Call Data Record).. In some cases, where a crime has been committed, authorities may ask your carrier to release such record for investigation purposes using a court order for example..

CMIIW...

BlackBerry 9930 on Tapatalk
    12-28-11 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD