These are the essential differences:

BlackBerry - Useful, Practical, Secure
    iPhone - Fun, toy, ease of use
    Android - Essentially, Android is a poor mans iPhone.

To recap, BlackBerry and iPhone take different approaches to appealing to end users in different ways. BlackBerry is more practical, iPhone is more fun, and Android attempts to emulate the iPhone experience except it is cheaper.

Yes? No? U mad?
    FMB8900, flash24 and mithrazor like this.
    12-23-11 11:56 PM
    the stereotypes no longer hold true. apps have successfully ensured that the blackberry can do much less than it's competitors. who does what better is down to personal preference.
    12-24-11 12:11 AM
    This is not going to end well.
    @OP, Try Quickoffice on Android and tell me its not useful.
    And Android is hardly a poor man's iPhone. Its a very good device.
    12-24-11 01:03 AM
    There was a great cartoon that illustrates how different kinds of cell phone users see each other. It suggests the differences between the phones frightenly accurately, from the perspectives of yourself and others. Here is a link to the cartoon from HuffPost. Enjoy!

Cartoon Reveals How Smartphone Users See Each Other (PICTURE)

Edit: Ok, it doesn't really talk about the phones themselves, but it pretty good with the stereotypes.
    Last edited by Brianflys; 12-24-11 at 01:13 AM.
    12-24-11 01:09 AM
    Nearly 2012, and you're still using the "toy" references? Really?
    bobs415, GingerSnapsBack and TGR1 like this.
    12-24-11 01:15 AM
    It would be better to simply browse a lot of comparison/review articles.

And I mean A LOT. Recent, and from multiple sites/reviewers.

Each reviewer may be biased towards certain device, and may make assumptions based on inaccurate or out-of-date data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-11 01:46 AM
    BlackBerrys are the smart buy. 90% of the things people do with their phones BlackBerrys do the best.

iPhones are nice devices that try to emulate BB integration and usefullness.

Androids have large screens and appeal to the more-is-more crowd.
    drice01 likes this.
    12-24-11 01:47 AM
    BlackBerrys are the smart buy. 90% of the things people do with their phones BlackBerrys do the best
    I am going to assume that you actually meant to say that "90% of the things that YOU do with YOUR phone BlackBerrys do the best." Easy mistake. No big deal.
    12-24-11 01:58 AM
    made it in before this gets closed/locked
    12-24-11 01:58 AM
    See, IMO, things like this cause arguments. I love my 9860. Big screen iss a factor I like. I had an iPhone 4 for 2 months or so, good device, not for me. What I liked was the b ug screen. Made me sell the iPhone 4 and buy the 9860 and not the 9900. Only thing what annoys me with Apple are the updates now without a PC. BB done that for a long time! Soon as Apple do it, its a big deal! And on the 4s advert you see a woman Tweeting a pic straight from the photo. Before io 5 it wasn't possible! And to my knowledge no direct upload of 1 to fb from the photo menu if you get me. Things like that is why I love BB but you don't see everyone making a big deal that we can do it!! Soon as you can snap a photo on iphone and upload to fb with a click, it'll be all over news! Apple are way behind BB for what I need mine for!
    azrin640 likes this.
    12-24-11 02:48 AM
    See, IMO, things like this cause arguments. I love my 9860. Big screen iss a factor I like. I had an iPhone 4 for 2 months or so, good device, not for me. What I liked was the b ug screen. Made me sell the iPhone 4 and buy the 9860 and not the 9900. Only thing what annoys me with Apple are the updates now without a PC. BB done that for a long time! Soon as Apple do it, its a big deal! And on the 4s advert you see a woman Tweeting a pic straight from the photo. Before io 5 it wasn't possible! And to my knowledge no direct upload of 1 to fb from the photo menu if you get me. Things like that is why I love BB but you don't see everyone making a big deal that we can do it!! Soon as you can snap a photo on iphone and upload to fb with a click, it'll be all over news! Apple are way behind BB for what I need mine for!
    Which is why Rim could make adverts showing normal people doing normal things they do with their BB's like uploading Photos to FB and Twitter simply etc.
    12-24-11 05:57 AM
    Three platforms.

One of the three is being completely replaced.

One of the three is declining in sales.
    bobs415 and Cleveland like this.
    12-24-11 06:17 AM
    ****iest thread of the day. Congratulations.

Can we get a mod to delete this please?
    12-24-11 06:34 AM
    They're all decent phones. Its a matter of choice. I love my Blackberry Bold 9790.

ubizmo, Guatiao and dosto like this.
    12-24-11 06:42 AM
    To your descriptors of the three fun groups, I would add the following opinions:

BlackBerry - Useful, Practical, Secure, Falling behind technology trends,
    Quickly becoming obsolete, Having difficulty keeping up with competitors
    and meeting customer demands & needs-evidenced by drastic tumble in
    stock market figures, poor sales data,and decline of app creators to
    include BB platform in their products. Company predicted to fail or be
    sold in the coming year according to respected financial advisers.

iPhone - Fun, ease of use, Becoming a serious/practical/secure/ exemplar
    for today's technology-evidenced by growing use by corporate networks,
    skyrocketing sales, and sheer number of apps. Succeeding in accurate and
    timely reading of market needs and demands.

Android - Essentially, Android is a poor mans iPhone. Designed and manufactured for the
    tween set and adolescents. Lots of gaming.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    12-24-11 07:13 AM
    I used to think of "provocative" as something sexual.

Then I came to Crackberry, where the word took on a whole new meaning.....

This thread being my thread to follow today....
    howarmat, Fit24 and JBenn911 like this.
    12-24-11 07:24 AM
    I guess someone else shares the OP's view regarding Androids being a poor man's iPhone. Saw this in one of India's newspapers:
    Attachment 99318
    bobs415 likes this.
    12-24-11 08:22 AM
    I see people say that android is the poor mans iphone but then i look at the lineup at VZW and see several of these poor mans iphones are selling for $50-100 more than the iphone.

keep the discussion free of personal attacks and bickering and the thread can remain open, otherwise infractions will come and the thread will be closed. One and only warning.
    JBenn911 likes this.
    12-24-11 10:39 AM
    I used to think of "provocative" as something sexual.

Then I came to Crackberry, where the word took on a whole new meaning.....
    It's nice to see that we are all aroused by technology.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    12-24-11 11:08 AM
    These threads always seem to be started by people who have never used a different os. iPhone is hardly a toy as it can do so much more than he current lineup of bbs. Some of us need to realize it isn't 2007 anymore and the bb isn't king
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    12-24-11 11:42 AM
    I see people say that android is the poor mans iphone but then i look at the lineup at VZW and see several of these poor mans iphones are selling for $50-100 more than the iphone.

keep the discussion free of personal attacks and bickering and the thread can remain open, otherwise infractions will come and the thread will be closed. One and only warning.
    I respect and value my membership here, and likewise value our freedom to honestly disagree - somtimes usIng assertive language, and sometimes with amusing language. With ALL due respect, i don't understand the mod's "warning." Has someone abused their privileges here in some way? Or are you referring to the potential for abuse? I do not understand the need to even caution anyone unless there has been a violation. My 2 cents.
    12-24-11 11:48 AM
    This thread is hilarious! "u mad?" bahahahahahahahahaha XD

yes they are
    12-24-11 12:37 PM
    Really, could any argument/discussion be more ridiculous? Personally, I could not care less what device someone might think is superior. All that matters to me is what is best suited to my needs. If someone prefers a different device, tell me, what effect does that really have on me? What a bunch of nonsense. LOL! And I'm ridiculous as well for allowing myself to be drawn in to this argument/discussion!
    dosto and JBenn911 like this.
    12-24-11 02:12 PM
    I get quite a bit of work done on my "fun toy" so I'm satisfied. I wouldn't say that Android is a poor mans iPhone. It's more like an iPhone alternative for people who like to customize the out of things.
    12-24-11 02:28 PM
    Aren't"apps"just shortcuts?we are arguing about who has the most shortcuts?lol.apple/droid have a lot of fart shortcuts,so that make them better than bb?
    12-24-11 03:45 PM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD