There's so much negativity it seems surrounding this phone that I don't understand. So why don't we all just share the love that is the 8830.

Personally, I haven't had a single issue with mine on Verizon, and being the second BB I've ever had (First was a Curve on AT&T), it's fantastic. I love the keypad way more than the Curve and having a full qwerty keyboard sure does beat the **** out of Suretype (But don't tell Pearl users that, they'll swear up and down that Suretype is awesome).

I really just love this phone. It's durable too! I accidentally dropped it onto a concrete sideway, screen first and nothing happened to it.

Share your success stories of having an 8830!
    09-03-08 10:36 AM
    I am a first time BB user (approx. 4 months now) and I would have gotten the 8830 (loved the Red) and also liked the feel of the keyboard better....

But.....got the Curve because it had a camera, was a bit smaller, and more memory
    09-03-08 10:48 AM
    i'm on my third bb and i must say that my 8830 is the best yet! the newer models haven't gotten my attention but they seem to be popular with others. i am definitely not feeling the new "pearl". i just can associate a "flip" style phone with bb...
    09-03-08 10:55 AM
    I think the only thing that could make this better would be more memory, a camera would be great but I don't have to have it. I would also love if it supported quad band gsm but overall I still love my berry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 11:14 AM
    Add me to the list of 8830 lovers!
    09-03-08 11:26 AM
    I like the build quality of the 8830 it just feels and looks better to me. I look at the new phones comming from BB and really would like to try the 9530 Storm. Now that I have 4.5 on the 8830 and have new red housing I like the 8830 even more. Also I do not find the keyboard hard to use. It would take alot for me to change out the 8830.
    09-03-08 02:01 PM
    yeah, my WE's had the usual issues, but I love it nonetheless b/c of its reliability and I can work around and/or overlook its few shortcomings -- much like in a successful relationship.

Build quality is the best of any cellphone I've owned. It's survived drops and gone skittering across the floor a few times without nary a scratch. I've this one about 7 months, moderate daily use, and it has no squeaks or flex. And except for a well broken-in keyboard, it still feels and looks quite new.

So while my eye may roam a bit over that sexy curve, I remain faithful to my WE.
    09-03-08 02:20 PM
    Yes, same usual issues with mine, but it's the unit I prefer most of the line up. Probably the best made phone I've owned.

All good here.
    09-03-08 02:42 PM
    All I have to say is Batery Life!!!! This thing is awesome!!!! I use bluetooth and email and chat ALL DAY and when I get home it is still @ 60%!!! Also my girlfriend has a curve and I can swear mine gets a better signal than hers (Both on Sprint). I would like this to have more memory and a option for a camera but hey everything else is a go!!!!!!
    09-03-08 03:16 PM
    This is the first time I have a BB phone, and my 8830 really give me a best smart phone experience ever !!!!!
    I can not compare it with any BB phone, but to me, this is a best one - powerful, fast and reliable.
    09-03-08 03:19 PM
    I love my 4th 8830! Lol had a little bad luck at first but now it's all good with 4.5!!
    09-04-08 09:07 AM
    Yes, same usual issues with mine, but it's the unit I prefer most of the line up. Probably the best made phone I've owned.

All good here.
    It's definitely a tank. I wonder if RIM Was expecting something like this to eventually replace the 8700 since that's the current workhorse.

And to everyone saying they seem to get better service with this phone, I have to agree. On Verizon, my apartment in Pittsburgh seems to be a dead zone for them (As well as much of my neighborhood on Mt. Washington) and my U740 would constantly drop calls and no receive anything. This 8830 seems to give me a better signal. I haven't dropped a call since I got it and I barely even have issues sending and receiving data.
    09-04-08 09:29 AM
    The 8830 is a solid winner... no doubt!
    09-06-08 02:11 AM
    My 8830 has been very reliable. Love the feel and the weight. I also love the fact that it's not a toy unlike some phones out there.
    09-06-08 05:08 PM
    i love my 8830. i was thinking about getting a 8330 since it's now $100 (with contract extension) but i couldn't justify any reason for getting the Curve over my WE, besides the camera. if i could get another 8830 at $100, i would.
    09-06-08 05:27 PM
    I love it!
    09-06-08 05:43 PM
    Hey what do you mean the Pearl users swear that suretype is awesome?!?
    Lol, just playing....
    Its not for everyone
    09-07-08 11:00 AM
    Have to say it's great! Just wish it had a second convenience key!
    09-07-08 03:34 PM
    I drop my Sprint 8830 at least once a week getting out of the car on the cement face first, and surprisingly I have not even had a scratch yet. I've had the phone since January and it looks brand new still, I was using the blackberry skin with a cheap screen protector, and still no scratches. A case I just recently bought from amazon works great. It's made by e1GLOBAL - ALL EXPORT of Cozip Mobile phone and iPhone cases and it's $20, but on amazon it's basically $10 with shipping, and it looks great.
    09-28-08 03:56 AM
    i love my VZW 8830WE. Had a 8100 Pearl, liked it, but the 8830 is SAWEET!
    09-28-08 08:57 AM
    I love my 8830! I have big hands so the keypad is perfect, the curve is just a little too small. The battery life is the best I've ever experienced and the phone is very durable. I would prefer a little more memory and a cam would be a little more icing on the cake, but I am satisfied with my BB. Now of course I am looking forward to the new berry's coming out, but until then I'm cool.
    09-28-08 01:14 PM
    This Blackberry Is By Far The Sickest Blackberry I Dont Care What Any Other Noob Says. Ive Been Using Tech Forever Been On The Internet Since The Beginning Of Time And I Have Had 20+ Computers In My Life And This Blackberry Is Made For The 1337est Users. It's Beautiful No Other Blackberry Is Designed This Nice Not Even The Bold. They Were Going At The Iphone When They Made This And It Looks Better Than The Iphone. Black Chromed Side Bars Is Sick. Especially Since The Iphone 3g Looks Like A Toy This One Is Top! I Never Had A Smartphone Before But I Made The Best Choice I Know That Much.

Oh And A Plus For You Fellow 8830 Owners......i Wasn't Gonna Tell You But I Do Love This Phone. I Bought A New Housing On Ebay For 40+6 Sh It Didn't Come In Yet But That Is About The Best Feature Ever For A Phone. Because I Don't Need A Case Which Costs Almost That Much When I Can Just Make It Brand New Whenever I Want. I Got A Sprint Black We And Ordered A Red Case. Ooooooh Its Gonna Be Sexy...
    09-28-08 01:30 PM
    I Wrote This In All Caps For A Reason! But This Forum Changed It I Guess You Guys Don't Appreciate Happiness Lol
    09-28-08 01:31 PM
    O And You Have To dl That 'classic' Ringtone Lol That Is A Life Saver Literally
    Last edited by justbrowsing; 09-28-08 at 03:47 PM.
    09-28-08 01:33 PM
    I think this is a great phone as well. I would like more memory but that is about it. Everyone raves about the curve but i think this phone is just great.
    09-28-08 04:12 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD