Had a playbook for about 2 weeks now, and if I can get 2 things working on it work will allow me to expense it to the company.

I am hoping to get an audit spreadsheet working on it which includes checkmark boxes. Sheet to Go won't do this. Google docs is out because there is no offiline version that doesn't require Chrome. The problem is that the checkmark in excel is a VB script and so far I haven't found a mobile app on playbook that supports it. Any thoughts on perhaps a different app to use, or a workaround?

The other thing I want to do is journal work activities on it. I am interested in Groovy notes, but I am wondering if it accesses the blackberry calendar for indexing. I want to write notes for worksites that I can organize using folders for different sites and hopefully the calendar as well, much like Microsoft one note. Any ideas?

So far I am really enjoying the playbook except for a few bumps, but I am hopeful they will get ironed out in the next update.

Thanks in advance!
    12-23-11 11:05 AM
    Have you tried the app PIPO. Not sure it will do everything you want, but it might.
    12-23-11 12:53 PM
    As far as journaling your work activities, have you looked at Evernote? I understand that it can automatically sync to your desktop or phone if you have it on those too. Have not tried it myself yet, but I've read the info on it.
    12-23-11 01:12 PM
    I don't think PIPO is the app you're looking for.

About the check-marks in Excel...right now it's not possible i guess. It might in the future.

There are some apps that might be of interest for you but not all have a trial version. So you must buy and try. For this reason it's hard to give you any advice. However, you can try CONQU and see what that can do for you (it's free) and an app called "Database Forms". Here you can make your own forms. Database Forms is not free. It's not very advanced but useful.
    12-23-11 01:13 PM
    I don't know if this will help, but I use a lot of check marks in Excel worksheets using the Webding fonts ..

Just tried it in Sheets to Go, and the font is there .. so if you format the cells you wish to put a checkmark in using Webdings and type in the character "a" - voila .. checkmark!

Hope it helps!
    Jean-luc_Picard likes this.
    12-23-11 01:53 PM
    sorry no idea about this i just got mine
    12-23-11 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD