Has anyone else noticed that the touchpad feels a little bit like it might fall off, i.e. a little too "clicky" and "jiggly" for lack of better descriptions? I've not noticed this on other trackpad BBs.
    12-22-11 10:58 AM
    can you post some pics??
    12-22-11 12:22 PM
    Not sure what a pic would do in this instance, the phone looks fine, it's just that the touchpad feels funny.
    12-22-11 01:22 PM
    you said it looks like touchpad is going to fall off!!
    12-22-11 01:34 PM
    you said it looks like touchpad is going to fall off!!
    That means, it's loose !! Pic ain't going to show that.....Some of my BB have had the same problem and yes it is annoying !!
    12-23-11 06:52 PM
    can you post some pics??
    Why do you say this every time anyone posted comments in any 9790 threads?

It's becoming a little annoying.

What are you?
    12-23-11 07:39 PM
    Did you know it is meant to be a bit loose? Some may experience a bit more loose than usual, others may not. Either way the trackpad is functioning as designed.
    12-24-11 12:09 AM
    Loose, wobbly, flimsy. Not really sure how to describe it, except on my other BB trackpads they are secure and firm.
    12-26-11 04:58 PM

What are you?
    Was wondering the same. A troll, perhaps?
    12-26-11 04:58 PM
    We have one that is really bad, feels as though if you turn the trackpad upside down it will fall right out. Its probably not affecting the phones performance but its super annoying and for the price I would expect better quality.
    andy957 likes this.
    01-05-12 02:41 PM
    That's exactly how mine feels, Krashed.
    01-05-12 02:52 PM
    My friend just got a 9790 today, .. the first thing i checked is the trackpad.
    its very stable, .. there is very slight movement that is barley noticeable when you try to direct it with your thumb, ... other than that its solid, i guess its just a hit or miss like some people said.

FWIW, the unit is made in Taiwan, and the manufacturing date is 12-2011 (cant remember the exact day)
    01-08-12 12:48 PM
    Think i have the same thing.when pressing the trackpad can hear a clicky sound unlike myrevious 9700.is it normal ?
    01-14-12 05:47 PM
    Has anyone else noticed that the touchpad feels a little bit like it might fall off, i.e. a little too "clicky" and "jiggly" for lack of better descriptions? I've not noticed this on other trackpad BBs.
    ^ Exactly the same thing which i had mentioned elsewhere , in battery life thread i reckon .

Since day one trackpad is bothering me . its loose(tilted towards left) and makes some irritating creek creek noise . with time its getting worse . i have the same feeling , one day it might just fall off .

Genuinely need a suggestion about what can be done ? should i take it to the service centre and ask them to fix it? Or carry on the way it is and let it get worse and come out and then take it for the repair?

other than that everything else is working just fine . with 7.0.0.557 firmware battery life has gone up drastically

EDIT:- Also keys at extreme left Q,A,Alt are very hard while pressing and they too make that creek creek noise !
    Last edited by voila; 01-15-12 at 12:35 AM.
    01-15-12 12:22 AM
    ^ Exactly the same thing which i had mentioned elsewhere , in battery life thread i reckon .

Since day one trackpad is bothering me . its loose(tilted towards left) and makes some irritating creek creek noise . with time its getting worse . i have the same feeling , one day it might just fall off .

Genuinely need a suggestion about what can be done ? should i take it to the service centre and ask them to fix it? Or carry on the way it is and let it get worse and come out and then take it for the repair?

other than that everything else is working just fine . with 7.0.0.557 firmware battery life has gone up drastically

EDIT:- Also keys at extreme left Q,A,Alt are very hard while pressing and they too make that creek creek noise !

just keep it, sending to service center might just mess up something else. moreover track pad is working fine isn't it??? BBs have had a history of tilted track pads.
    01-16-12 10:14 AM

What are you?
    He likes watching screenshots
    01-16-12 01:20 PM
    actually my trackpad is fine, the clicky one is the return key !
    01-23-12 11:27 AM
    I have just got a new 9790 today - and my trackpad is a bit clicky and uneven - works fine though.
    01-30-12 02:42 PM
    my clicky button is the space key button
    01-30-12 06:21 PM
    mine keeps clicking. i havent even had it 24 hours. muchly annoying
    02-01-12 03:53 PM
    actually my trackpad is fine, the clicky one is the return key !
    Same here! Bb button sounds the same also and it gives u the impression its gonna break!
    02-01-12 04:37 PM
    Same here...the sound click of the touchpad is irritating!!! and it feels like its going to fall...is there any solution, maybe open the BB or buy a new touchpad and changing it??
    02-09-12 08:28 AM
    I suspect it's a design thing - possibly to do with the touch screen and the trackpad having less depth to sit in - so my guess is that replacing the trackpad wouldn't make much difference. You get used to it and I like it better than the 9900's odd sharp edge just below the screen.
    02-09-12 05:05 PM
    I have experienced the same thing on my 9380, it's the strangest thing.
    03-30-12 11:17 PM
    Hello all... Have had my 9790 for almost a month now, and am a mid to heavy user... My track pad tilts slightly to the left and clicks when I press it ( same sound as the screen lock bottom on top makes)...This is exactly how it was on my 9700 and 9780... I do not however feel that it is loose or that it will fall out, on the contrary it feels quite solid as on the other devices mentioned... Hope that helps...
    03-31-12 10:52 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD