I'm trying to keep my phone as light with the programs as possible, as it seems ALL programs zap battery whether used or not. But I can't delete some of these programs, they wont give me the option, just to "HIDE" the icons. Especially for chat programs like yahoo messenger.

Anyone know how I can delete them permanently? It won't allow me when I load new OS' either.
    12-22-11 10:25 AM
    Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Service Book > Scroll until you see 'Yahoo' & 'Google Talk' > Click the BB button > delete.

The apps will likely come back because they are "Service Books" from the Carrier itself, so it is pointless to delete them, so just 'hide' them. If you do not install them, they will not take up any memory or anything.
    Last edited by JeremiahND; 12-22-11 at 11:04 AM.
    12-22-11 10:53 AM
    If they are like T-Mobile you can't delete them forever. Whenever the service books are sent to the phone the apps will reappear.

I create a folder called TRASH and put everything I don't want in it. Then I hide that folder.
    12-22-11 11:00 AM
    Thanks. Final question, not sure if you can help. Not sure why my latest OS won't allow me to upload. It's not recognized through Blackberry Desktop Manager, and it won't be recognized through using APPLOADER. Help?
    12-22-11 11:14 AM
    Thanks. Final question, not sure if you can help. Not sure why my latest OS won't allow me to upload. It's not recognized through Blackberry Desktop Manager, and it won't be recognized through using APPLOADER. Help?
    Have you deleted both Vendor.xml files ? If not, the DM will not recognise the new OS
    12-22-11 11:17 AM
    Isn't there only ONE vendor file? I find it through the APPLOADER file, and now blackberry desktop manager won't recognize my blackberry. What's going on?
    12-22-11 11:19 AM
    I keep reading about 2 of them but could only find one myself.
    12-22-11 03:48 PM
    Do a search on drive C it will find it,then delete it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-11 06:06 PM
    Win 7 has 2 vendor.xml
    Win XP has 1 vendor.xml
    So search for vendor.xml and delete it
    Using Apploader.exe install new OS to your BB.
    12-22-11 06:29 PM
    Win 7 has 2 vendor.xml
    Win XP has 1 vendor.xml
    Vista has two as well.
    12-22-11 07:31 PM
    Win 7 has 2 vendor.xml
    Win XP has 1 vendor.xml
    xp has 2 as well. just reinstalled bb os today on my xp machine.
    12-23-11 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD