Phone is so beutiful with no case. I am leaning toward going naked but wondering what others are doing. Also not sure about screen protector. Maybe PhantomSkinz a good option?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-11 03:34 AM
    It is beautifully designed. But my phones get dropped into my enormous bag along with everything but the kitchen sink, so I don't want to risk scratches. I got an Otterbox commuter case and have the screen protector on it.
    12-22-11 03:40 AM
    It is beautifully designed. But my phones get dropped into my enormous bag along with everything but the kitchen sink, so I don't want to risk scratches. I got an Otterbox commuter case and have the screen protector on it.

While the beauty of the phone seriously encourages you to leave it naked, I cant help but risk a scratch or drop, I have the Otterbox Commuter as well, adds a little bulk, but the protection makes it worthwhile.
    12-22-11 07:35 AM
    Phone is so beutiful with no case. I am leaning toward going naked but wondering what others are doing. Also not sure about screen protector. Maybe PhantomSkinz a good option?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I use the OEM Blackberry skin with the ScreenGuardz screen protectors. Nice coverage and it still keeps the phone thin enough.
    12-22-11 08:27 AM
    I tried the Otter Box defender series, it's very bulky and has some ridges that makes it difficult to tap the keys along the edges. I now have it naked but with a full body skin protector. The screen on the 9850 is supposed to be scratch resistant plastic but still, I don't want to risk it. I then put it in a Blackberry pouch but the magnet chip seems to be too high and in-holster profile settings don't work I think this phone fits so perfectly in the hands and you become more efficient with the touch keyboard when it doesn't have any cases. I just keep a firm grip on my phone whenever it's out of the pouch.
    12-22-11 10:31 AM
    I have a case on mine without a screen protector.

And you're right, the phone looks a lot sexier without a case. If you want your phone naked, I'd suggest putting a screen protector.
    12-22-11 10:33 AM
    i use mine naked...dont believe in cases just baby it...
    12-22-11 10:41 AM
    I personally don't like the bulkiness of an otterbox and just use a TPU gel case ($1.99on ebay) with a screen protector. Adds absolutely no bulk to the phone and offers a good grip. Ideally, in a perfect world I would prefer the phone naked as it looks so sleek and feels good to hold but after dropping it one to many times (without any damage) i'm not taking any chances.
    12-22-11 10:48 AM
    I just got this case

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=uNoF5PSY

Keeps the phone protected while still looking good, I have big hands, the added material makes it a bit easier for me to hold as well.
    12-22-11 11:23 AM
    I have this, I love it! Shell/Holster Combo

12-22-11 12:12 PM
    I'm with you that this phone should be naked at all times. I particularly like the chrome BB logo on the back. It's funny to have iPhone drones do a double-take and ask what kind of phone I have.

However a naked phone just isn't practical in most situation in real life (just like humans!).

That said, I have two cases - both OEM BlackBerry ones. The one I use the most is the hard shell, snap-on case. It closely replicates the curved bottom of the naked phone and comes off easily when I am in a situation where I want the phone to be naked.

Then I have the OEM "combination hard shell, silicone skin" case which is kind of a pain to put on (first you put the skin on - then the hard shell over it all) however this is for situations where there is more 'danger' to the phone (on vacations, hiking, outdoor activity stuff).
    12-22-11 12:56 PM
    Got this case off ebay. Love my 9850 naked, but you don't always have to have clothes off to look good!

Attachment 99233

7 bucks, got me the case, 3 screen protectors and a rapid charger for the car. The perk is that the charger even charges my Playbook! WAHOO! WAHOO!
    Last edited by Thachoc1; 12-22-11 at 02:53 PM.
    12-22-11 01:52 PM
    I grabbed Phantom Skinz full body matte... should do the trick...

12-22-11 03:54 PM
    Got this case off ebay. Love my 9850 naked, but you don't always have to have clothes off to look good!

Attachment 99233

7 bucks, got me the case, 3 screen protectors and a rapid charger for the car. The perk is that the charger even charges my Playbook! WAHOO! WAHOO!
    I got the same one.
    12-22-11 04:02 PM
    I have a pocket pouch no protector.
    12-22-11 04:33 PM
    I grabbed Phantom Skinz full body matte... should do the trick...

Click to view quoted image
    i like that! would it work well going in and out of pocket?
    12-22-11 05:20 PM
    Yep .......
    12-22-11 05:56 PM
    If you want to adore your torch's sexiness and design. Why not buy the transparent oem case. And a screen protector. So that the phone will be protected. And the sexiness of the phone is well seen.
    12-22-11 06:50 PM
    I got the same one.
    Nice grab.
    12-27-11 09:46 AM
    I love the sexiness of the phone naked. However I still purchased a case and a screen protector.

Incipio for the case
    BSE for the screen
    12-27-11 03:03 PM
    The installation process looks like surgery! How would you rate the difficulty level to install?

Thanks!
    12-28-11 08:21 AM
    I love the sexiness of the phone naked. However I still purchased a case and a screen protector.

Incipio for the case
    BSE for the screen
    Same here.
    12-28-11 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD