I just upgraded to 4.5.52 a few weeks ago and I tried to backup my device, but it gets an error while backing up. A message box pops up "Error backing up database(s)"
    Last edited by Dnaka; 09-03-08 at 05:42 AM.
    09-03-08 05:16 AM
    I have Dm 4.6 but running OS 4.5, is this the problem and I need DM 4.5 instead?
    09-03-08 03:37 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

This problem is not specific to your new device software, it is actual an error in the database.

Note which database has caused the error. With a bit of luck, it will be something trivial like Content cache which can be cleared from Browser / Options / Cache Operations.

If it is something valuable, like your contacts or calender, you will need a previous copy of your device backup.

Use the selective restore to replace the offending database and try the backup again.

If it works correctly, you may have lost a small amount of current data.
    09-03-08 03:45 PM
    It was hanging on browser cache so i cleared it on the device and DM, but now it gets stuck on TLS Options. What is that? do i need to change the setting or something?
    09-03-08 04:04 PM
    Mine gets stuck on "PROFILES". I have cleared profiles in DM once and that fixed it, but I also lost all of my profile settings. So, after re-setting all of my profiles I tried to do another backup and back comes the error message. What gives? Curve 8330/Verizon/4.5
    09-03-08 06:16 PM
    I am having the same problem. I have been unable to find a solutions. When I do a backup I have to do the Advanced backup, backing up everything except for profiles. This is happening on my 8330. It was happening with the 4.3 OS and now with 4.5.

I wonder if the problem is with Desktop Manager. I'm using the 4.6 version.
    09-09-08 02:18 PM
    How do you back-up everything except profiles? This may work for me also.
    Thanks
    09-10-08 05:36 AM
    I had the same problem & fixed it by downgrading to DM 4.3. I later upgraded my device software to4.5.0.55 & DM to 4.5 & everything worked fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 06:22 AM
    Ok I am getting stuck on profiles. What exactly is in profiles??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 09:53 AM
    I am using DM 4.6. I am still unable to backup my device due to profiles error.

I do not understand how to do a selective restor of previous profiles nor do I undderstand the advanced button on what it backs up as to where the backup file is located???

Anyone please help.

I know this has been discussed before but I cannot find the details regarding advanced tab in dm and where and how to do selective backup/restore
    10-10-08 09:33 AM
    I too have the same problem backing up profiles. Profiles are greyed out so I can't clear it or overwrite it. Is there a way to rebuild profiles? I'm on a BES running dtm 4.6 on an 8100. Thanks. - Ken
    11-07-08 04:25 PM
    My backup stops at Sim Card Options, try to selective restore and nothing happens....

any suggestion?

BB: 8320 CURVE
    DM: 4.6

-----
    EDIT

Cleared the browser cache and everything it's OK!!
    Last edited by DariusVE; 11-08-08 at 05:31 PM.
    11-08-08 05:27 PM
    Hey guys,

All i did was go in and cleared my cookies and cache within the blackberry itself. From the browser and I'm also using Opera Mini and clear the cookies there. On my bold it seemed to be something with the browser cache holding old files and there being a conflict. I hope this helps good luck to all.

DANIEL
    11-14-08 12:13 PM
    got a bold, and got opera, and have the same problem, (browser cache data), i guess the suspect is opera ?? anyone agree ?
    12-08-08 06:51 PM
    i had this problem with desktop manager 4.6.as soon as i deleted the 4.6 and returned to desktop 4.5 i was all set .
    12-08-08 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD