Tether (formally Tetherberry) is having a "share your ideas and vote". For those of you who have used Tether for Blackberry to have laptop internet on the go, could you please navigate to Tether and vote under the Playbook idea? I'd like this community to swamp it out! I'm thinking that when RIM gives us the USB function, this will rock.

Ideas: Hot (21 ideas)

(Yes, I know...bridge, blah, blah, blah)
    Last edited by jamesharmeling; 12-21-11 at 06:59 PM.
    00stryder and francois626 like this.
    12-21-11 06:55 PM
    Tether app is awesome. Been using it for years. I'll vote.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-21-11 06:59 PM
    I've posted on their forum quite a while ago. Just voted.
    jamesharmeling and 00stryder like this.
    12-21-11 07:21 PM
    Im in i love Tether,its a great app. It has a bluetooth feature for the pc and i hope they include that as well for the playbook. That would be awesome.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-21-11 09:56 PM
    Im in i love Tether,its a great app. It has a bluetooth feature for the pc and i hope they include that as well for the playbook. That would be awesome.
    BlackBerry Bridge already works. What we really want is WiFi Hotspot tethering for free.
    12-23-11 02:43 PM
    How does this fit with playbook or am I missing something. Tether is to hook your laptop to your phone to get online. A playbook app would only work in the same way if the playbook had 3G/4G etc connectivity.
    12-23-11 03:39 PM
    The vote is to create a client, so you tether playbook to the phone (i.e. use phone's data on playbook). It would be similar to bridge, but as the OP already "i know bridge blah blah", no need to bring that up.
    12-23-11 08:15 PM
    I use Tether, but RIM is never going to let a Tether app see the light of day on the PB. Bridge is one the best selling points for the PB. Allowing Tether would dilute that selling point.
    mandony likes this.
    12-23-11 11:43 PM
    i'm confused... doesn't the playbook have an internet tether option already?
    12-23-11 11:46 PM
    It does, but you may be charged extra fees by your carrier.

A Tether app would be nice for people that do not have a BlackBerry but still want a PlayBook.
    12-24-11 07:16 AM
    I use Tether, but RIM is never going to let a Tether app see the light of day on the PB. Bridge is one the best selling points for the PB. Allowing Tether would dilute that selling point.
    Well, the awkward way around that issue is for Tether to sell the app themselves and inform users how to sideload it. Obviously, not a solution for everyone but it is not that hard to sideload apps and if folks want Tether enough, they can do it.
    12-24-11 09:26 AM
    I just voted as well...
    Thanks!
    12-24-11 01:23 PM
    Good news: There is now an app on TetherBridge website for tethering a BlackBerry to a Playbook. See my post today in the forum.
    02-04-12 10:46 AM
    i tether with nokia c5 on my playbook using bluetooth. It was always there since i bought this tablet. A usb tether would help a lot.
    02-04-12 12:47 PM
    If you have a pc you can tether to the pc and use connectify to share a hotspot signal from your laptop to playbook.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    02-04-12 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD