Hey Playbook nation.....one of you Blackberry Geniuses must be able to figure a way to get SONOS' ANDROID APP working on the Playbook. I can't believe no one has stepped up to the plate on this. I'd be willing to pay for it. Probably lots of others would as well. I found this on the SONOS support forums web site. :

android to playbook repackager now available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Developers can now download the android repackager to allow android apps to be used on the playbook.

Of course end users will have to wait untilplaybook OS 2.0 is officially released to utilize the android player...but Sonos can convert and test today.

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/

Perhaps it helps. Anyone ?? For anyone with SONOS , suggest you email SONOS with a +1 on this. I saw Angry Birds came out today. There is hope for a SONOS app isn't there ?
    12-21-11 12:55 PM
    Sonos controller for playbook would be #1 on my list of apps. Hope someoone finds a way or develops a native app.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-21-11 02:12 PM
    I would give my first born for this.
    12-31-11 09:15 AM
    Hey Playbook nation.....one of you Blackberry Geniuses must be able to figure a way to get SONOS' ANDROID APP working on the Playbook. I can't believe no one has stepped up to the plate on this. I'd be willing to pay for it. Probably lots of others would as well. I found this on the SONOS support forums web site. :

android to playbook repackager now available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Developers can now download the android repackager to allow android apps to be used on the playbook.

Of course end users will have to wait untilplaybook OS 2.0 is officially released to utilize the android player...but Sonos can convert and test today.

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/

Perhaps it helps. Anyone ?? For anyone with SONOS , suggest you email SONOS with a +1 on this. I saw Angry Birds came out today. There is hope for a SONOS app isn't there ?
    Seriously ?? Not one person out there who wants this as bad as I do that can figure out how to make it work ? I've emailed SONOS ten times myself. Anyone wanting this app should as well : [email protected].

They keep telling me they are passing it up the food chain for review but nothing is coming of it. Can't the existing ANDROID app be 'converted' ? Someone MUST know how to do this. Maybe we can tell SONOS. Angry Birds is fun. Cut the Cord - yipee. If I wanted a game console I'd have bought an Xbox. SONOS, SKYPE, etc. are real world day to day useful apps. We need those. Not more games.
    01-12-12 09:14 AM
    Subject
    Sonos APP for RIM PLAYBOOK

Discussion Thread
    Response (Dale E.) 01/12/2012 10:05 AM
    Hello,

I have forwarded your request on to our Product Management team to ensure your request gets viewed by the people that can make the difference. Our product Management team is the part of our company that makes decisions for which applications are are made and supported for Sonos. As such I have forward your request to them
    Customer (Gentek Marketing, Inc. Freedman) 01/12/2012 06:40 AM
    There are 2.1 M PLAYBOOKS in the market. This is a huge requirement for a lot of us users. The ANDROID app can easily be converted for use with the ANDORID player in the Playbook. I'm told this would take not more than ten minutes to accomplish.
    Response (Dale E.) 01/11/2012 06:36 PM
    Hello,
    I am sorry that at this time we do not have a app for BlackBerry Tablet but I have put in a feature request for you, Thank you for the the feedback. We love to hear your requests as it helps us in providing you with the best possible experience with our products. We are always listening and updating our products with feature enhancements and releases. I have forwarded your request on to our Product Management team to ensure your request gets viewed by the people that can make the difference.

I would also like to recommend signing up for our mailing list so as to keep an eye out on our updates and specials. You can register with your email address by going to Wireless Home Music Systems and HiFi Music Players from Sonos and entering your email address to elect to "stay informed".

There are also some great discussions about feature requests at Sonos Forums under the "Sound Ideas" forum. You can enter feature requests there and get feedback from other Sonos users.

Regards

Dale
    Sonos Support
    Customer (Gentek Marketing, Inc. Freedman) 01/11/2012 01:38 PM
    Is there a SONOS app for the RIM Playbook planned ? Since RIM will support ANDROID apps is there any chance of compiling a PLAYBOOK comnpatible verion ?? We may not be ANDROID or IOS users but there;s several hundred thousand Playbook owners - many of whom own SONOS that are frothing at the mouth for this option. I'd pay for it. Not even asking for it for free.
    01-12-12 12:13 PM
    The Android app player only works with about 40% of Android apps. Don't assume that Sonos will be one of them.
    01-12-12 02:29 PM
    I downloaded the Splashtop app and opened the Sonos app on my PC and controlled my system. A dedicated app would be better, but a 5.00 app is a reasonably priced work around.
    01-12-12 07:14 PM
    Guys,
    If somebody could convert the Sonos controller android app v.3.6 to a bar file that would be great:
    The file can be found there (direct download):
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1323036513
    Thanks
    01-29-12 10:29 AM
    The Verge had an interview with the president of sonos and he said a sonos app for playbook was going to be developed... Not sure why that was not mentioned in the sonos email... Maybe the response was from to far down the chain.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk
    01-29-12 11:26 PM
    This has been # 2 on my list of must haves since I got my PB in April last year. We should start the same kind of email campaign as currently in play for the SKYPE app. Power in #s as it were.
    01-30-12 08:51 AM
    Crackberry Nation- courtesy of Jeroen_13 in the Netherlands, the SONOS .APK was converted to a >BAR file :

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...14/index9.html

See post # 134

Anyone out there able to try this to see if it works ? Some light at the end of the tunnel ???

Please let me know.
    02-23-12 06:15 PM
    One bumped thread on this matter would have sufficed.
    02-23-12 07:47 PM
    does not work.
    02-23-12 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD