Today was the 2nd time it happened for some reason out of nowhere don't know what causes it my sound would shut off like no ringers no alerts and when making a call earpiece or speaker wasn't working only doing a battery pull fixed it. Any ideas on what's causing it or anybody else having this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-11 03:51 PM
    Same problem as you (no sound), happened a couple of times while listening to music and receiving a call. I also had to pull the battery to fix the problem. I think the Sprint 7.1 update has something to do with it because I haven't had this problem prior to the new update.
    12-20-11 05:28 PM
    same here buddy. but guess whats the issue?..is an OS issue. so right now im installing the new .590 official os on my BOLD 9900. Im pretty sure thats gonna fix the issue. and i was running the .585.
    12-20-11 08:17 PM
    Please uninstall any torchlight apps!

12-20-11 08:46 PM
    Same problem as you (no sound), happened a couple of times while listening to music and receiving a call. I also had to pull the battery to fix the problem. I think the Sprint 7.1 update has something to do with it because I haven't had this problem prior to the new update.
    Yea I didnt have this problem before 7.1 and now after updating to 7.1 its 2nd time its happened since updating first time same day i updated.
    12-21-11 06:35 AM
    i have a feeling it's the flashlight app as well
    12-26-11 12:29 PM
    My problem which I isolated, for this sound issue, was One touch flashlight. It seems on OS7, the API doesn't let go of the "video recording" portion of the app it opens in order for these torch apps to work.

I now, for ease, made a new folder, called "Cameras". I put the camera app and video recorder app in it. I made the folder the right convenience key. So now, when I want to take a photo, or take a video, or use it for a torch, i hit the convenience key, then open one of the 2.

Its also serves as a safeguard, because it seems I'm constantly hitting the convenience key inadvertently, and, if the camera app opens, and stays open, it drains the battery big time!
    12-26-11 01:32 PM
    Same thing happens to mine its truly frustrating because I listen to music a lot on my phone. Can anyone tell me if it really is just the 7.1 update that is causing this issue.. Because the OS prior to that one would randomly freeze on me for like 9 seconds for no apparent reason. Also it did not have WiFi calling which is a must when I am at home.
    12-26-11 05:21 PM
    Well I don't use any of the flashlight apps I just use the video camera light function.

12-26-11 05:43 PM
    I had the same problem and it turns out the problem was the speaker itself. I took the battery cover off and pinch the phone between the speaker and camera lens and it started working again. I heard if you drop the phone something inside the speaker goes ape sh*t. I don't know if the warranty covers it but I'm going to give it a shot.
    12-29-11 02:08 AM
    I'd suggest not to keep your hopes high thinking .590 will fix this problem. I've installed it couple of weeks ago and I only then started having this issue. So, darn!

Anyways, it's clearly an OS bug. Thus it's fixable.
    12-29-11 03:33 AM
    yeah its the flashlight app. i uninstalled and everything is fine. is been a week already and theres no more issues with the sounds or vibrator.
    12-29-11 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD