So much gloom in this section. I for one am liking my 9860. I understand I have had it for 24 hrs yet but I like what Rim has done hardware and software wise. I've read most of the troubled post on the 1st 3 pages. I understand there is/was (whatever the case might be) serious fatal issues.
    My stand point is Rim still has ideas and can build solid devices. I was worried about the battery getting hot running a 1.2 ghz cpu. Man I plugged my 9860 in last night and went to town. The battery door never got warm after hrs of browsing, watching a movie, and playing around w/ settings. The ram moved the data around flawlessly and without wait.
    OS7 runs seamless. It was just plain nice. I thought Rim was weak for using os6's tabs. If that's the worst then I'm set once themebuilder7 launches.
    Rim done well with the screen size and shape of the device. Fits the hand good. The keyboard is easy to use. Dang good job Rim. Again I'm satisfied.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-11 01:56 PM
    I am the same way, had teh phone for three days now, really liking it. yesterday it came of the charger at 0400.

Went to bed at 2200(18 hours) and had 20% left.

That is the reason why I got this phone, battery life. Glad it didn't dissapoint.
    12-20-11 02:12 PM
    Have this over a month now, came from a a 9800. What an upgrade! Never froze and forced to reboot, browser is faster, boot time shorter, phone is lighter, feels better in the hand, better display. My only real con is battery life, I'm a heavy user, and it could be related to the OS. Hoping 7.1 addresses that somewhat. Otherwise, I'm a happy camper!
    12-21-11 06:31 AM
    Well said 13echo4, I couldn't be happier with mine either. No doubt there are some issues out there, however I agree with you; RIM is still doing a good job!
    12-21-11 06:35 AM
    You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy........

Foe the younger crowd it is an old song lol.

So far so good for me. I actually wanted a new bold but my carrier only has this and the curve. Wanted the better processor etc.
    john_v likes this.
    12-21-11 06:54 AM
    I have had this phone for about a month and I love it so far. I have not had the issues described here in the forums so I'm hoping I got a rare non lemon lol.
    12-21-11 08:01 AM
    +1

I've had my 9850 since September and have not had a single problem attributed to the phone, its OS, or other RIM software. I had a charging problem that turned out to be a third party app causing the problem.

I posit that +/- 95% of the "problems" experienced with this phone are operator headspace, +/- 4% are outright lies; some from people that don't even own the phone and others from people that don't even try to learn how to operate it properly, and +/- 1% are genuine problems.
    12-21-11 09:07 AM
    You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy........

Foe the younger crowd it is an old song lol.

So far so good for me. I actually wanted a new bold but my carrier only has this and the curve. Wanted the better processor etc.
    That song really cuts the mustard when it comes to the thread. At least, it didn't cut the cheese!

I'm hearing some decent things about the 9860/50 series so far. For the touchscreen fans, a device they can use, and definitely a step up from the previous options (other than Torch). No, I'm not laying a heap of the warm and brown on Storm users, just commenting that progress is going forward, still.
    12-21-11 09:40 AM
    That song really cuts the mustard when it comes to the thread. At least, it didn't cut the cheese!

I'm hearing some decent things about the 9860/50 series so far. For the touchscreen fans, a device they can use, and definitely a step up from the previous options (other than Torch). No, I'm not laying a heap of the warm and brown on Storm users, just commenting that progress is going forward, still.
    Forward progress is all we need. If qnx is better than this WOW

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-11 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD