Can I Delete TeleNav Maps if I have AT&T Navigator, or are both necessary to maintain the integrity of the AT&T Nav program? This could save me 748K, but I won't touch it till I'm sure it's OK.

Thanks
    09-02-08 11:59 PM
    Is there any reason to have TeleNav or AT&T Navigator?
    I removed TeleNav. Then, loaded up Google Maps and unlocked BB Maps.
    So, now I have 2 mapping apps. For the amount that I use them, this is more than enough, and they're both free.

Search the forums to find out how to get info on loading BB Maps and removing TeleNav.
    09-03-08 09:46 AM
    BB Maps ?? Is that on the pearl ?? Or do you have to install it ? I have already install google maps...does it charge for data access ??
    09-04-08 04:41 PM
    You can chose either or. Navigator is AT&T's mapping/navigation app (like Verizon Navigator). I believe they both yield the same results, different interface.

You can delete either.
    09-04-08 08:22 PM
    How do I delete Telenav. I really like AT&T maps, I used it this Labor Day weekend for a 1000 mile trek to San Diego.

I also would never you Push to Talk so I would like to delete it too.
    Why would someone use that anyway?
    09-05-08 04:58 PM
    Telenav... Go to Options --> Advanced Options --> Applications --> Menu Key and Delete Telenav

For PTT, follow Stoner's memory Optimization guide. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

You can do the whole guide or just the part about deleting the PTT files which are:

KnJCDE
    net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app
    09-05-08 10:26 PM
    If anyone is interested on how to add addresses and/or look up businesses on the web and sync them to their navigator’s “favorites”, here is the link: my.telenav.com
    12-02-09 03:22 PM
    Correct me if I'm mistaken, but ATT Navigator charges a $10.00 per month subscription last I looked. If this is not the case, please let me know. I did use it on a 30 day trial when I first got my phone, but felt that it wasn't worth the extra $$ for the amount I was needing it. But the few times I did use it I was pleasantly impressed and might consider it if it were free.
    12-02-09 10:12 PM
    Well, its not free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 06:20 AM
    Used ATT Navigator in LA over Thanksgiving weekend and had serious problems in getting it to work. Half the time I needed it, it would search for a GPS signal and never find one. The times it did find a signal it worked great. Luckily, I was under the 30-day free trial. I don't recommend paying for it.
    12-03-09 12:39 PM
    Is there any reason to have TeleNav or AT&T Navigator?
    I removed TeleNav. Then, loaded up Google Maps and unlocked BB Maps.
    So, now I have 2 mapping apps. For the amount that I use them, this is more than enough, and they're both free.

Search the forums to find out how to get info on loading BB Maps and removing TeleNav.
    How do I unlock BB Maps in a Torch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 12:27 PM
    Used ATT Navigator in LA over Thanksgiving weekend and had serious problems in getting it to work. Half the time I needed it, it would search for a GPS signal and never find one. The times it did find a signal it worked great. Luckily, I was under the 30-day free trial. I don't recommend paying for it.
    I'm having the same problem with Telenav.
    09-26-10 04:36 PM
    Telenav runs AT&T Navigator and provides all support beyond its initial setup.

For troubleshooting your GPS system, try Google Maps. If it works, and Navigator doesn't, there's something goofy with Navigator.
    09-27-10 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD