http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheBo...3/ZE0jtiLtnsc/

Millennial shows that Apple’s iOS platform showed slight gains between October and November, growing its share from 28% to 30%, and Research In Motion’s BlackBerry operating system grew from 13% to 17% during the same period — the biggest gain seen among all mobile platforms last month.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 12-20-11 at 07:17 AM.
    12-20-11 07:15 AM
    Not only that, the BB Curve is at no.2 with 5.87% share. And they say RIM is dying
    CDM76, recompile, Jake2826 and 1 others like this.
    12-20-11 07:27 AM
    Kindle Fire heats up but Android share drops significantly in November

Millennial shows that Apple�s iOS platform showed slight gains between October and November, growing its share from 28% to 30%, and Research In Motion�s BlackBerry operating system grew from 13% to 17% during the same period � the biggest gain seen among all mobile platforms last month.
    I was just going to start a thread on this belfast! You beat me to it.

I'm not sure how a dying company like RIM can increase their ad impressions 4% in 1 month and take back the #3 slot.

Weird.
    mud314 and belfastdispatcher like this.
    12-20-11 07:36 AM
    finally something positive
    I'm 100% RIM will not die in 2012, but lately all this bad
    news posting is making a lot of people think it will.
    12-20-11 07:37 AM
    Nice tip belfast, this could even possibly be a CB blog-worthy post.
    12-20-11 08:02 AM
    I find it hard to believe that with the number of sales the SGS2 had that it's not on the Top 20 list..considering the Bold Touch is listed at the bottom..and all the old, outdated Androids are somewhere in the middle.
    12-20-11 08:21 AM
    I find it hard to believe that with the number of sales the SGS2 had that it's not on the Top 20 list..considering the Bold Touch is listed at the bottom..and all the old, outdated Androids are somewhere in the middle.
    I expect that it is because the Samsung Galaxy phones gets renamed on every carrier, Look at the Galaxy 1, it is on there 3 times.

Apple gets to have Everything lumped together, All iPhones are iPhones, they don't break out the 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G etc, All the BlackBerry Curves are Curves, they don't break out 9360, 9300, 9330, 8530, 8520, etc
    12-20-11 08:29 AM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    RIM will turn it around in 2012 ... starting with a very successful launch in February of Playbook 0S 2.0!! ...
    12-20-11 08:49 AM
    RIM will turn it around in 2012 ... starting with a very successful launch in February of Playbook 0S 2.0!! ...
    Turn it around with what? Speculation of products that won't hit the streets til 2013? And is this "successful" launch of an updated OS going to have people flocking from the streets to buy a PB? Are tech sites going to re-review the PB and update their initial opinions?
    12-20-11 08:52 AM
    Turn it around with what? Speculation of products that won't hit the streets til 2013? And is this "successful" launch of an updated OS going to have people flocking from the streets to buy a PB? Are tech sites going to re-review the PB and update their initial opinions?
    I am sure techsites WILL re-review the playbook, it's the tablet everyone loves to hate, now It will still get negative reviews for not having BBM, not having Skype, and not being an iPad, but it will get better reviews than it did before.

Will it start to sell like crazy? probably not, but I expect the OS upgrade will keep the device selling in the 50-60k per month range while inventory is depleted and a few more app developers come on board making the QNX based OS more attractive once BBX phones DO get released.
    kbz1960 and recompile like this.
    12-20-11 08:59 AM
    You just can't leave a positive blackberry thread be can you? Even though the positive news were hidden in the original article anyway.

What he's saying is it could be the turning point for Rim, nothing else. What that will bring to the PlayBook is an indicator of where BB10 is going.
    12-20-11 09:00 AM
    finally something positive
    I'm 100% RIM will not die in 2012, but lately all this bad
    news posting is making a lot of people think it will
    I agree....including me!
    But...it's not "bad news posting", it's just bad news.

I've been one of the most staunch RIM/blackberry supporters there is.
    I've tried iSheep......just didn't work for me. Tried android a month ago....sold the GS2 I bought back to the guy I bought it from...just too many things I needed (grew to rely on) that the GS2 didn't do.

I've found I like the 9810 virtual keypad better than the slider. It's faster, I'm more accurate w/it and I just like the "touch screen experiance" better.

I was really looking forward to BB10 the 1st part of 2012....but that hope was dashed. I'm not sure what to think about RIM's explanation, either.

RIM has a stable of developers to work on 1 OS....to put in 1 device. Sammy, Moto, HTC, etc...seem to be able to whip out devices at a pretty steady rate. I'm not sure why RIM can't.

I just get the feeling they're attitude is...."this is what we have/offer. Like it or leave it"

Well....almost regretfully, I'm going to give the HTC Vivid a whirl. I'll "re-evaluate" my needs if RIM drops something I NEED.......gone but not forgotten
    12-20-11 09:01 AM
    This is not good news for me or you, it's good news for Rim and Blackberry right now.

So what if they come up with an amazing product, do you still want them gone?
    Yes. I don't think either are really in touch with reality anymore..and even if the BBTen products are great..those two will find a way to bungle something up imo.
    12-20-11 09:15 AM
    well put....& I couldn't agree more.
    "Dumb and Dumber" have done more for humanity then you and I or many others ever will, yet as soon as they stop making investors money all respect for them is gone. That's SAD.
    12-20-11 09:17 AM
    I agree, and those with a negative bent can take their demagoguery elsewhere. It's not only not welcome, but cause for too many good threads getting closed and too many good members getting slammed or banned.
    12-20-11 09:25 AM
    "Dumb and Dumber" have done more for humanity then you and I or many others ever will, yet as soon as they stop making investors money all respect for them is gone. That's SAD.
    The company has lost more than 90% off its peak value. As businessmen whose first and foremost responsibility is to their shareholders, who collectively lost 60+ BILLION dollars, how could anyone "respect" such performance?

Their job is business, not philanthropy, not theoretical science, not novel writing. They failed at their job.
    12-20-11 09:31 AM
    Perhaps. But let's not forget, their job is to make money for shareholders. I think most of us encourage humanitarianism, but you also have to do your job. When you're on top of the world, all can be forgiven, but when you're on the way down, pictures of you with a hockey helmet on just make you look silly.
    Last edited by Economist101; 12-20-11 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Typo
    RCCollins likes this.
    12-20-11 09:32 AM
    So anybody that does a bad job at something, even after a success, is open to insults? Does that sound right?
    12-20-11 09:39 AM
    So anybody that does a bad job at something, even after a success, is open to insults? Does that sound right?
    Did they learn from their failure quickly? Did they learn from their failure at all? Did they cling stubbornly to their failure and lie to their customers and investors?

There is your answer.
    purijagmohan and RCCollins like this.
    12-20-11 09:41 AM
    Share holders and companies are greedy sob's. Even when there is a million profit made it isn't enough.
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
    12-20-11 09:42 AM
    Perhaps. But ket's not forget, their job is to make money for shareholders. I think most of us encourage humanitarianism, but you also have to do your job. When you're on top of the world, all can be forgiven, but when you're on the way down, pictures of you with a hockey helmet on just make you look silly.
    Please stop spewing that vile logic onto these forums.
    RCCollins likes this.
    12-20-11 09:43 AM
    Nice. It's great to see RIM gaining marketshare somewhere. Hopefully this happens in the US again when BB10 comes out.
    12-20-11 09:52 AM
    One, CEOs aren't "anybody." Two, I wasn't addressing "insults" as much as I was criticism. You get cheered on the way up and booed on the way down. That's life.
    12-20-11 10:00 AM
    Perhaps. But let's not forget, their job is to make money for shareholders. I think most of us encourage humanitarianism, but you also have to do your job. When you're on top of the world, all can be forgiven, but when you're on the way down, pictures of you with a hockey helmet on just make you look silly.
    I agree!
    Because they are publicly traded their job is to make money for their shareholders, not make a profitable company
    BUT because they are vested in the Company, their focus has been the company, which is fair and if they weren't publicly traded things would be much better for them,
    Which is why they shouldn't be CEO and Board directors, they are CEO's , the Board needs to push them for stock values, and they need to push for company growth, They can't be doing both as apparent by this stock slide.

It is unfortunate that those rolls can't be one and the same value to the company and value to the share holders, They made a BIG mistake in 2008, and didn't even realize it until 2010, and 2011 they just started addressing it
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    12-20-11 10:06 AM
    I think that is very encouraging that they have gained some market share. I hope, and I'm confident that this trend will continue!!! Come on RIM!!!
    12-20-11 10:08 AM
166 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD