I need to change the memory battery in my Blackberry Torch 9800. Does anyone know what type of battery is inside the phone (on the motherboard)? Also, where can I purchase one? I have been searching for 2 weeks now. Locally, no one has been able to help. I called AT&T and Blackberry, no one was able to help. I really need help with this. Thanks
    12-20-11 01:16 AM
    Try to visit some small electronic shops, they can help you with this.
    12-20-11 01:51 AM
    I need to change the memory battery in my Blackberry Torch 9800. Does anyone know what type of battery is inside the phone (on the motherboard)? Also, where can I purchase one? I have been searching for 2 weeks now. Locally, no one has been able to help. I called AT&T and Blackberry, no one was able to help. I really need help with this. Thanks
    Are you even sure there IS such a battery? I'm not sure, but with today's technology its more likely its simply a small non-volatile memory chip, which will retain its memory with no power.
    12-20-11 05:17 PM
    The Bold 9000 and 9700 apparently have a small button type CMOS battery on the main-board. There are several old threads about it. If there was an issue with the phone just not booting up or taking a charge, just a quick "pop out and stick back in" would fix it. Sometimes, a replacement was needed. But they weren't easy to take out. In some cases, the contacts holding the battery would snap off the board, breaking at the solder points.

But, I have no idea if the Torch has such a battery. And, the 9800 is not nearly as easy to take apart.
    12-21-11 10:38 AM
    At the risk of going too far off topic, I can confirm the 9000 has such a small battery. I have not seen any references to it for the 9800. I've reviewed a few disassembly vids and don't recall one.

Why do you feel you need to change it? What's wrong?
    thatsnazzydude likes this.
    12-21-11 11:12 AM
    Looking to replace the cmos battery inside a 9000. What can it be replaced with? A watch battery that can be found at Walgreens?
    05-03-12 07:46 PM
    Go have a look (or search) in the 9000 forum
    05-03-12 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD