I'm planning on upgrading in next few days. I have a couple concerns cause I'm alittle scared of losing my keyboard on my 9800.
    How is the realestate on the 9860 when your posting on forums. On the 9800 it because a challenge cause the lines get behind the virtual keyboard. So my fix was if I posted that much I would just use my keyboard and I would have all the room I needed.
    What was your learning curve having to function with short cuts on the key board?
    How is the browser?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by 13echo4; 12-18-11 at 09:50 PM.
    12-18-11 09:18 PM
    Hai, just change to 9860 couple of days ago..
    The browser is faster, if i need the room to type, i just do it in portrait mode. Not much different in terms of feel when using physical keyboard in torch and full virtual keyboard in 9860 portrait. Just need a little adaptation.
    For overall performance 9860 is a lot better, a lot faster and almost no lag.

I'm not much using physical keyboard when using 9800, i'm use to using virtual keyboard because have been using touch screen phone since 7 years ago and my first blackberry is 9500.
    12-19-11 03:49 AM
    I have changed to 9860 from 9800 its a great device light phone and the keyboard on the 9860 is ok but hey i dont mind it you will get used to it, it looks better in your hand then it does on a computer screen. it is alot faster phone and the Graphics are perfect. internet is fast enough to keep me satisfied this device will shorly be in my hand i would NOT change it for any other phone on the market even when the new Blackberry 10's comes out. and the 5 buttons at the bootom give it a great look no regrets.
    SUPER
    10/10
    12-19-11 04:38 AM
    DEFINITELY make the switch. i was the same way you were. i had the 9000, then the 9800. so of course i was all about the keyboard lol. but i picked up the 9860 when att had it for a penny. there is a slight learning curve for the virtual keyboard; but nothing you can't get in a couple of days. trust me you won't miss the 9800. i've already convinced a friend of mine who had a 9700 to get one and he doesn't regret it. the screen size, the faster processor, and the feel of the device trump the 9800. plus like the other poster said the buttons on the bottom make it all the more awesome. trust me make the switch and don't look back. plus the OS 7.1 should be available soon since the 9850 has started getting it. make the switch, lol. you wont regret it.
    12-19-11 06:40 AM
    Coming from a 9800.....the 9860 is super awesome! Aside from lacking a physical keyboard (which for me is not an issue) the 9860 beats the 9810 is all aspect areas, ALL! Faster. lighter, look and feel and display! OS7 is way ahead of OS6. You will notice shorter boot times, almost ZERO lag, faster browsing, faster typing (when you get adjusted). While I'm not so sure "I will NOT change it for any other phone on the market even when the new Blackberry 10's comes out" as eduard said above, I can guarnatee you will not be wanting to go back to your 9800. The ONLY reason I missed (past tense) my physical keyboard at first was for the ctrl+alt+del reboot combo.......but soon found and app i'm happy with. Also in the weeks before I switched, I deliberately kept the slider closed and used the virtual keyboard on my 9800 so I'd get used to it. And still, the 9860 keyboard is superior to the 9800's virtual keyboard. I loved my 9800, but could not stand the hour glassing, the long boot times and the over all slowness of the device, everything else i'd kinda accepted and gotten used to. But you'll be happy in these aspects and more with your 9860. Go for it and fill us in when you have in in hand!
    12-19-11 06:47 AM
    Lmao,thanks guys. Oh I'm getting it I'm waiting for radio shack to get one. I mean its free so I'm not out anything I can still use mu 9800 and still have 3 upgrades avaible next year if another device comes out that catchs my eye.

12-19-11 11:46 AM
    Just went to the radio shack's web site & they are not showing the 9860? Really would like to get this Phone for free if possible.
    12-19-11 01:07 PM
    Just went to the radio shack's web site & they are not showing the 9860? Really would like to get this Phone for free if possible.
    Well I went radio shack route it turned into long quest first 2 days then a week then "well just reordered it on its way they had one RED one left 2 days " yes he said red cool will have only red one ever made yes we knew there was no red one but just played game to see what would show up. So another 10 days they call, we go up and look it was a 9860 grey. Manager showed me 0n computer that radio shack had an inventory of 4 in the US and that was Friday. As you may know AT&T still tells me and i might say in 2 stores that the 9860 has not been released all rumor and probably will not . Bottom line I do like the 9860 coming from 9000 , 9800

Good luck
    Merry Xmas
    Jar
    12-19-11 02:01 PM
    I just came from radio shack. They are going to have to order me one. Bad news is the sale went off sunday. So its going to cost me $50
    12-19-11 03:19 PM
    I just came from radio shack. They are going to have to order me one. Bad news is the sale went off sunday. So its going to cost me $50
    Dam. I've been checking all the site for a week trying to get this phone as cheaply as possible & radio shack had the 9860 for $49.99 (Upgrade) Not Free. But now they are not showing it online anymore. Guess they are out of stock....
    12-19-11 04:26 PM
    A well spent $50 bucks in my opinion.
    12-19-11 04:28 PM
    A well spent $50 bucks in my opinion.
    Yes its is but I'm a cheep azz. . With the holidays upon use there only so much to spend.
    12-19-11 08:28 PM
    I got mine last night from RS $50. This thing is awsome. Really easy to use w/ 1 hand. I like the fact I can hide the keyboard w/ out opening the menu. I tried to theme that for my 9800 but could never get it to work. The browser is getting to androidish but I can live with it.

12-20-11 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD