I was running the BlackBerry Podcasts app under OS 7.0 with no issues but with the upgrade to OS 7.1, everything seems broken. The app itself seems like little more than a part of the media player with some podcasts no longer being grouped together and there is no interface at all and no way to subscribe to a podcast or even specify options, such as how many of a particular podcast to save by default. Anyone else having this issue?

As I say, this only happened with the upgrade to 7.1.
    12-18-11 03:12 PM
    Same thing happened to me. Reinstall it from App World and it works fine.
    12-18-11 05:08 PM
    ^ This

If you check in App World, it will say that your Blackberry Podcast is currently uninstalled. Just reinstall it and it will work fine.
    12-18-11 05:21 PM
    That was it! Thanks, guys! I don't know why it uninstalled BlackBerry Podcasts when I upgraded and even more puzzling, why it left the Podcasts icon still on my 9850 but no app behind it. Very odd.
    12-19-11 02:35 PM
    I lost all of my apps when I upgraded to 7.1. Trying to reinstall them now. Argh! It lost contact in the middle of my upgrade I'm sure is the reason why, but this sucks.
    12-19-11 08:42 PM
    I lost all of my apps when I upgraded to 7.1. Trying to reinstall them now. Argh! It lost contact in the middle of my upgrade I'm sure is the reason why, but this sucks.
    Lost contact? I recall it downloaded the whole patch and then applied it only after you've selected Install Now or Install Later. It's a two hour wait for the install (did you get anxious and pull the plug on it?)... with the phone completely off the network (no cell radio, wi-fi, etc.).
    12-19-11 09:09 PM
    Lost contact? I recall it downloaded the whole patch and then applied it only after you've selected Install Now or Install Later. It's a two hour wait for the install (did you get anxious and pull the plug on it?)... with the phone completely off the network (no cell radio, wi-fi, etc.).
    No, my contacts were okay, just my downloaded apps disappeared. I was wired in during the install, but some how lost the connection. It may have been bumped is all I can figure. No worries though, I went to App World and looked under "uninstalled" and they were all there...so I downloaded them all again. I have done dozens of upgrades and this was a first, but I figured it out.
    12-20-11 03:53 AM
    This still does not work for me.
    05-18-12 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD