I was wondering what is different in 7.1 from 7.0.585 besides the mobile hotspot and as an AT&T customer the hotspot uses the internet plan if I'm not mistaken?
    12-17-11 04:57 PM
    quite a few things are different.
    searching the forums and reading related posts will help you with the answer.
    buwee, Mecca EL and homer1475 like this.
    12-17-11 05:15 PM
    Well could you be more specific about the differences? Im a busy person and don't have time to search and read through countless threads. Perhaps you could Google it for me. Thanks Fubaz, you're a great guy. I can't wait to read the research you've gathered for me.

quite a few things are different.
    searching the forums and reading related posts will help you with the answer.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-17-11 05:22 PM
    Would like a straight answer. Not look throughtout the forums...
    12-17-11 07:19 PM
    here you go all the info you need.

Blackberry 9810 7.1
    marcati, keyhole, buwee and 6 others like this.
    12-17-11 07:39 PM
    seriously guys.... just responding to say look for it???
    while i don't know the answer, clearly Tater Tots wanted some info from someone who might know and may have already searched through the forums...
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    12-17-11 10:48 PM
    I upgraded to 7.1 on Wednesday as I thought, due to the very poor battery life on the latest 7.0 builds, why not! I am AMAZED with this!!

Usually, when I get home from work, I would generally have 35 - 40% battery left... Now, with the same usuage, I get home with 70 - 75%!!!

I have noticed no bugs or problems, infact it is like I've added a gig of ram!!
    12-18-11 05:08 AM
    seriously guys.... just responding to say look for it???
    while i don't know the answer, clearly Tater Tots wanted some info from someone who might know and may have already searched through the forums...
    The point is, no one is going to do the leg work for him. If your to lazy to type in a search box and read for 5 minutes then your going to get the smartas* comments that he's getting. In the time it took him to make this thread and reply, he could have searched and read the entire 13 page thread on 7.1.0.74.
    12-18-11 06:57 AM
    Would like a straight answer. Not look throughtout the forums...
    so in other words you are lazy, and depend on others doing your work?

it takes less time to search, than it does to create a new thread
    Blacklatino, Mecca EL and duhoh like this.
    12-19-11 11:24 AM

Blackberry 9810 7.1
    Tried this link and it made me laugh furiously.....hahaha that made my night
    elbajatrip likes this.
    12-19-11 06:36 PM
    This thread is hijack-worthy.

What I want to know is where is a straight-up 7.1 leak -- not a hybrid -- for the 9810.

I thought someone had mentioned somewhere that the "officials" (presumably, versions released by RIM to the carriers, which would then be leaked) were dropping soon.
    12-20-11 07:59 AM
    Don't mean to jack this thread, but I keep reading on some sites about 7.1 finally supporting EAS, no one really seems to be mentioning anything about it though. Is it true??
    12-20-11 08:31 AM

Blackberry 9810 7.1
    Roflmao that was great
    how did you do that? I would love to use this
    on the BMW forum.
    12-20-11 09:01 AM

Blackberry 9810 7.1
    LMAO!!!

Ok, most (with exceptions) update an OS the same way that we update BlackBerries. For me, I want the latest software and looking for improvements the same with upgrading devices. The price is for everything positive, there is a negative. In other words, fixing one bug may create another. There was nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with my 8700 5 or 6 years ago, or the other 15 cell phones I've upgraded over the years. We want faster, latest hardware, newer OS, and most (with exceptions) want whatever can compete with what's selling on the market. Changing devices is similar to waiting for a carrier to release an "official" version vs. a leaked or hybrid OS. It is and always will be, very, very subjective. I have no problem using leaked beta software. I tried my first hybrid with my 8310. Nuked it, and I've been hooked on upgrades/hybrids. Also, as far as the extended BlackBerry battery life, that all changed with the "original" BOLD 9000. This is not meant to convince "anyone" to upgrade or not upgrade, just my opinion.
    12-20-11 09:11 AM

Blackberry 9810 7.1
    What a perfect answer!! Made my day!
    12-20-11 10:32 AM
    If your to lazy to type in a search box and read for 5 minutes then your going to get the smartas* comments that he's getting.
    I guess they don't teach English spelling and grammar anymore.
    12-20-11 02:59 PM
    I was wondering what is different in 7.1 from 7.0.585 besides the mobile hotspot and as an AT&T customer the hotspot uses the internet plan if I'm not mistaken?
    Battery life is why I'm sticking to 7.1 , now my battery can last 2days (without getting to red level) maybe if I reduced my Addiction to my BB it may last me 3days or more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-21-11 01:47 AM
    Ok how in the h*ll did this thread make it to 2 pages?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-21-11 06:57 AM
    Lol.

Well, OP, here's an answer....why the h+ll not 7.1? Try it. If it doesn't work for "you", downgrade and complain about it like others.

Sent from my Bad Azz BlackBerry 9810 on .74/.150 over .585 using Tapatalk (*_~)
    12-21-11 07:42 AM
    I was finally able to get 7.1 installed! Here are a few thoughts:

1) Slide to Lock is great!
    2) Would love to be able to do 2, or 3, or 4 quick Trackpad clicks to 'Unlock'
    3) Once you input the Hotspot settings, one shouldn't see that screen again,....it would be nice for the next screen to default to 'Start Hotspot' with an option to 'Edit Settings'
    4) Hotspot does take bigger drinks of battery juice - there are no free lunches!

I need to solve 'Camera' issue and get 'Password Keeper' restored! This is a must, as my PW Keeper has every User name and Login for everything! I know that I can reinstall the Password Keeper app, the problem is,...DTM will not/does not show any 'apps' when I select 'Applications'. So, I don't know what gives, but I have to have PW Keeper!

JMD
    12-21-11 11:51 AM
    My darn battery life is horrible with 7.1 over .540, why is this happening to me and yours is way better than 7.0. I even have mobile hotspot turned off and I'm a moderate user and I'm still experiencing battery drains. At this point I'm thinking of going back to 7.0 and wait for an official release
    12-21-11 01:23 PM
    As I understand it, the leaked vers of 7.1 allows for Free Hotspot use,...as one doesn't need the service provisioned by their carrier. However, I'm sure AT&T (..and others) will demand their monthly cut when the official version launches!

So, for me, I choose to deal with the bugs versus send more dough to Ma-Bell!

Also, I'm not sure how well my battery holds out...I know that BB Bridge doesn't affect btry usage that much. But the Hotspot radio capability is a different animal,..it is active and emits a 'signal' versus being passive (just a receiver). Again, there are no free launches!
    12-21-11 03:24 PM

Blackberry 9810 7.1
    Kudos

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-11 06:25 PM
    In the time it took him to make this thread and reply, he could have searched and read the entire 13 page thread on 7.1.0.74.

Yeah IF it was found. The forum search query ain't exactly Google. I have searched lots of times for threads I know exist and the search is not that great.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-21-11 07:23 PM
    The point is, no one is going to do the leg work for him. If your to lazy to type in a search box and read for 5 minutes then your going to get the smartas* comments that he's getting. In the time it took him to make this thread and reply, he could have searched and read the entire 13 page thread on 7.1.0.74.
    What 13 page thread? None of you pricks directed him to it, lol.
    12-25-11 01:20 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD