I'm hoping somebody reads this, I don't know how active the Storm forums are these days

I tried downloading Blackberry App World 3.1.0.56 and I keep getting the message:
    "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError"

I've tried installing it and restarting the phone.
    I've tried un-installing it and re-installing it.
    I've tried installing it and doing a battery pull.

Just about everything and I keep getting this message popping up after I install the app and when I try to click to open the app.

If someone could let me know whats going on that would be great.
    12-17-11 07:40 AM
    Anyone!?!?!
    12-17-11 05:31 PM
    Getting the same error as well Mike. You're not alone. Saw other people on another thread with the same issue. I have a Curve 8530 so it doesnt appear to be tied to a certain model. I tried everything you did as well, with the same results, before I came to the forums. Hoping someone has an answer.
    12-17-11 07:13 PM
    .....Hoping someone has an answer.
    Or hopefully RIM gets an update out to fix it!!!
    12-18-11 07:38 AM
    I think this should be in the general form because I have the exact same problem on my 8530.
    Question is; as it doesn't seem to be affecting a lot of people how long do you think it will take to get this fixed?
    because I tried everything I could think of to get the update to work, I now have a phone with no apps on it and no App World to get them back.
    And the other question, should one buy another BB to fix the problem or get an Android?
    12-19-11 09:12 AM
    i have a problem with my BB 9530 after downloading application world what i got was uncaught execption.java.lang.noclassdeffounderror can someone please help me on this i hate this on my BB, i love my BB THANKS PALS
    12-19-11 02:36 PM
    I have the Storm 2 with OS 5 and had the same error upon updating app world.

I went into options, applications, add ons and deleted App World. After a re-boot, using the PHONE browser, I went to:

RROYY - APPLICATION ARCHIVE

This web site has previous versions of BB apps.

I clicked on the link for BlackBerry App World v3.0.1.29 (OS5). This is a previous version.

It took me to the download page. It downloaded fine and works fine.

Good luck
    Niffy likes this.
    12-19-11 04:37 PM
    I have the same problem with my Curve 8530 running OS v5.0.0.508 (Platform 4.2.0.230).

This really sucks. Now my BBM Music subscription wasn't renewed automatically because AppWorld doesn't work on my BlackBerry!!

I will download a previous version as suggested by gebco.Thanks for the tip!
    12-20-11 04:24 AM
    Hello,
    I am new and have a question. My son gave me his old BB Storm and I am having the same problem so I followed the web link and downloaded the file "BUT" I am at a loss at how to load it on to my phone. Could someone please be kind enough to walk me through it.

Thank you in advance

Matt
    12-20-11 08:17 AM
    Hello,
    I am new and have a question. My son gave me his old BB Storm and I am having the same problem so I followed the web link and downloaded the file "BUT" I am at a loss at how to load it on to my phone. Could someone please be kind enough to walk me through it.

Thank you in advance

Matt
    From what device did you download the file? PC or BlackBerry? If you open the link on your BlackBerry, the app should install when you press the download button.
    12-20-11 09:26 AM
    Wu; Thanks for the reply
    I Have to download it to the pc I can't download anything to the BB
    12-20-11 09:35 AM
    Wu; Thanks for the reply
    I Have to download it to the pc I can't download anything to the BB
    Well, that raises a question as to whether you even need AppWorld, if you can't get data to the BlackBerry.

Leaving that aside, you could try BBH Tool's OTA Downloader feature. That will grab all the files you need.

Basically, OTA installs are links that point to a JAD file. The JAD file contains information about which COD files are needed to install the app. On the BlackBerry, all of that is handled behind the scenes and the CODs are just installed OTA to the device.

If you can't access the JAD with your phone, then you need an app that will take the JAD info and download the CODs to your PC.

Once you get the necessary files (and for AppWorld, there will be several), then you need to get them onto your phone. There are two ways to do this. First, you can use the handy ALX creator on the OTA Downloader panel of BBH Tool. Then, plug in your phone, point App Loader at the ALX file, and let it install.

You can also copy the JAD and all CODs to your SD card, navigate to the JAD using the Files app, and it will do a "local" OTA install.

And just to complete my random thoughts on app installs, the ALX file is basically the same as the JAD file, it just uses a different method (App Loader) to install apps to the BlackBerry.

Hope that's helpful.
    12-20-11 12:12 PM
    Thanks again for the reply, I don't think I said that I couldn't download to my BB the wrong way. Maybe I should have said that I can download through the BB desktop but not through the web.

Thanks again

Matt
    12-20-11 02:46 PM
    Had a problem too. Uninstall the old one and restart the phone. Visit AppWorld and download the new version. Worked for me, I hope it works for you as well.
    12-20-11 02:53 PM
    I did that this morning but it didn't work, it kept coming up with the same error.
    12-20-11 03:22 PM
    I did that this morning but it didn't work, it kept coming up with the same error.
    To reiterate. You need to uninstall the updated app world through your Options.

Then, do not reinstall the new appworld. You'll get the same error. Again. You need to install a previous version of app world.

Using your PHONE's browser, navigate to the site I indicated and click on the link. It will take you to the download page. Install as always.

Still working fine for me.
    12-20-11 04:21 PM
    Hi,

Take a look at "KB29364-After upgrading to AppWorld 3.1.0.56 error message "Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError" from BB KB.

Regards
    12-20-11 05:14 PM
    Hi,

Take a look at "KB29364-After upgrading to AppWorld 3.1.0.56 error message "Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError" from BB KB.

Regards
    Quote from the KB:

Resolution
    This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
    12-20-11 05:35 PM
    I upgraded to 3.3.0.56 on my Tour9630 runnig 5.0, and have had not problems with it
    12-20-11 06:04 PM
    I have the Storm 2 with OS 5 and had the same error upon updating app world.

I went into options, applications, add ons and deleted App World. After a re-boot, using the PHONE browser, I went to:

RROYY - APPLICATION ARCHIVE

This web site has previous versions of BB apps.

I clicked on the link for BlackBerry App World v3.0.1.29 (OS5). This is a previous version.

It took me to the download page. It downloaded fine and works fine.

Good luck
    I tried this but when I went download another error message popped up lol???
    12-21-11 07:58 AM
    OK, I am at a loss. When I got to work this morning I did a hard boot on my phone then attached it to the desktop manager and down loaded the update and went to Blackberry and down loaded App World again and this time it worked. Go Figure!

Matt
    12-21-11 05:50 PM
    Hi, I had a problem since I got my new 9900 with appworld that when I clicked on myworld I would crash. I discovered the reason, something corrupted when I did a transfer switch on desktop manager from old apps from my old blackberry to my new blackberry. Got my service provider to give me instructions to re-install the operating system, took 30minutes then problem solved! Jam tunes now in BBMmusic with 2400songs,addictive app
    12-21-11 08:12 PM
    Ok - this post is not about an install error - RATHER an inherent problem of the AppWorld 3.1.0.56 that I encountered ...

Since this version ONLY asks for your BB-id just once at the time of installation, your BB-id is self-stored thus anyone can go into your MyWorld section of the AppWorld on your device (if & when left unattended) and either buy stuff on your behalf OR gift themselves Apps - leaving you with a sour face PayPal invoice or a Credit-card invoice in time ...

Remedy was to immediately downgrade to AppWorld 3.0.1.29 & this version does ask for your BB-id every time you access your MyWorld on this version.
    12-22-11 09:45 AM
    I upgraded to 3.1.0.56 on my 9800T/OS6 and seems to be working fine for me. However, I deleted my old installation and then installed the latest.
    12-22-11 10:01 AM
    RIM has fixed this for devices running OS5 (see KB29364 Article - After upgrading to AppWorld 3.1.0.56 error message "Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError" occurs) by posting a new version (3.1.0.58). I think it has something to do with the new BlackBerry Identity App (RIM's version of single sign on) but I haven't seen any write ups to confirm that. I tested this on my OS5 device and looks good so far.
    12-22-11 10:24 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD