Ok I am getting a Blackberry Curve 8530 in about 2 hours. But the guy says it comes with no charger. I have a BlackBerry Playbook and was wondering if the charger would work for the Curve. I need to know before I go. Plz let me know.
    12-16-11 02:58 PM
    Ok I am getting a Blackberry Curve 8530 in about 2 hours. But the guy says it comes with no charger. I have a BlackBerry Playbook and was wondering if the charger would work for the Curve. I need to know before I go. Plz let me know.
    YES. In fact the PB charger will charge your phone faster than the one that came with it.
    AsBloodRunsBlack and SunnyFL like this.
    12-16-11 02:59 PM
    Thanks for that info. I didn't realize that, so no carrying around 2 chargers with my 9930 and PB!
    AsBloodRunsBlack likes this.
    12-16-11 03:04 PM
    PB charger works for my 9550, but it charges the 9550 really fast
    12-16-11 03:07 PM
    YES. In fact the PB charger will charge your phone faster than the one that came with it.
    That great news for me then. Thank u so much modine. I appreciate your help.

I cant wait to hook it up to my BlackBerry playbook. Should be cool. In the future I will upgrade to the Torch 9810. But this will do for now.
    12-16-11 03:10 PM
    lol....why would you be excited about hooking up a useless phone to an obsolete brick thats less than half as good as an iPad 2 with no apps from a failing company that won't be around in six months?

.....KIDDING.....KIDDING......just wanted to get the dig in before the trolls arrive. I've just bought 2 Playbooks and am having a great time with mine (and waiting for Christmas to give the other one away!) bridged to my Torch....now able to charge my phone twice as fast as before!
    Last edited by Slalom; 12-16-11 at 03:49 PM.
    esqlaw and AsBloodRunsBlack like this.
    12-16-11 03:24 PM
    Make sure the curve 8530 is a mini-usb port and not a standard because the pb is a mini-usb.
    12-16-11 03:28 PM
    Make sure the curve 8530 is a mini-usb port and not a standard because the pb is a mini-usb.
    Actually, they are both micro-USB.
    12-16-11 03:29 PM
    I had the same combo, IIRC, yes it worked. If not just get a universal micro USB charger cable.
    12-16-11 03:37 PM
    Actually, they are both micro-USB.
    Maybe; the USB charge port on my Blackberry 8330 Curve is actually smaller then the charge port on the Playbook. They're both mini-ports, but for what ever reason, the PB's port is larger.
    12-16-11 04:00 PM
    lol....why would you be excited about hooking up a useless phone to an obsolete brick thats less than half as good as an iPad 2 with no apps from a failing company that won't be around in six months?

.....KIDDING.....KIDDING......just wanted to get the dig in before the trolls arrive. I've just bought 2 Playbooks and am having a great time with mine (and waiting for Christmas to give the other one away!) bridged to my Torch....now able to charge my phone twice as fast as before!
    LMAO wow that was funny. You had me going lol. My blood was starting to boil when i was half ways into your msg. I was sitting there thinking wow this guys gotta be kidding me...Then I read the rest...hahaha. You got me good.
    12-16-11 04:03 PM
    I must say, you sounded exactly like an iTab troll lol. It was so belivable. I get so worked up, you almost made my BB playbook go out my window. lol
    12-16-11 04:06 PM

But if you are really honest.....the first part of your post....is true.
    12-16-11 04:12 PM
    Maybe; the USB charge port on my Blackberry 8330 Curve is actually smaller then the charge port on the Playbook. They're both mini-ports, but for what ever reason, the PB's port is larger.
    That's because one is mini and the other is micro.
    12-16-11 04:14 PM
    That's because one is mini and the other is micro.
    I knew that.
    pickles#WP likes this.
    12-16-11 04:15 PM
    But if you are really honest.....the first part of your post....is true.
    Oh get out of here u clown!!!
    12-16-11 04:20 PM
    I must say, you sounded exactly like an iTab troll lol. It was so belivable. I get so worked up, you almost made my BB playbook go out my window. lol
    its easy to sound like one...how many posts like that have you read? sorry for the temporary spike in your blood pressure.
    12-16-11 04:53 PM
    This is how it all started for me 3 weeks ago. Got a playbook, found out about bridge and SMS BRIDGE (get it for your phone, sms on the tablet!) and ran out and bought a Curve 3G. Now I have a 9860 and I'm trying to get myself a 9900. Get SMS bridge on your phone and text away while surfing and stuff, its amazing.

Report back after you have them bridged. Should be a big post of happy.
    Last edited by CanadianThomas; 12-16-11 at 05:20 PM.
    12-16-11 05:18 PM
    its easy to sound like one...how many posts like that have you read? sorry for the temporary spike in your blood pressure.
    got me too!! touchee
    12-16-11 05:23 PM
    Just to let you know, Amazon sells official OEM micro/mini charger for $4.89. Charging two items with same charger will cause burnout sooner ....just sayin
    Last edited by spencerdl; 12-16-11 at 05:30 PM.
    12-16-11 05:25 PM
    RIM actually sells the PB charger as a premium charger for many phones.
    BlackBerryPremiumCharger - RIM US

We bought a rapid charger for the PB's and use the PB charger for a 9700,9800
    12-16-11 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD