For one I�m not surprised they delayed the BB10 phone till �late 2012�. If anyone who been following RIM for the last 5 years can tell you they are notoriously known for never making deadlines.

But this isn�t necessarily all bad. Would you rather have RIM release an incomplete POS phone and go through all the issue the original Storm had? That would truly be the death bed for RIM. Also would you rather have RIM release the long awaited QNX phone with hardware that would already be outdate by the time its release? Remember quad core is coming out.

I rather have RIM release the QNX phones when they�re complete with the latest hardware and spec available. The question is can the company make till �late 2012�? Will QNX be complete and comparable with iOS and Android? RIM seems to think so. And when they do I think they have more immediate success than WP7 since they have more customers and don�t have the �Windows� stigma attached. The ball is on RIM's court. will they deliver. Lets see.

I�m not up for an upgrade till late 2012 anyways so it doesn�t matter to me. I�m currently on an Android and if the new QNX phone blows me away like I�m hoping I�m definitely switching back. Just be patient.
    pjmacklin likes this.
    12-16-11 08:51 AM
    They can definitely "survive" till 2012. The question is will there be a point. I doubt QNX is gonna turn it around for them. Like others mentioned, they need a new product or service that will wow the world.
    1812dave likes this.
    12-16-11 09:07 AM
    "Would you rather have RIM release an incomplete POS phone and go through all the issue the original Storm had? That would truly be the death bed for RIM"

That excuse no longer holds, could have worked for the Torch 9800 or 9810 or even the playbook. But nah nah, the playbook has been in beta testing since april this year with what will be BB 10. So yeah, RIM releasing an incomplete POS phone can't happen, its not like they will be releasing a 0 user base device, they have had a crapload of time already to figure things out and they will have even more until PB OS 2.0 hits next year god knows when, since it will probably be delayed, again. Besides, the storm was RIM's attempt at trying to release something 'original' form factor-unique and failing at it.

Also, QNX is already complete, the playbook OS is not.
    Last edited by gbsn; 12-16-11 at 09:17 AM.
    12-16-11 09:13 AM
    Would you rather have RIM release an incomplete POS phone and go through all the issue the original Storm had?
    You write as if the only options are "late 2012" and "incomplete POS."
    Mikey_T likes this.
    12-16-11 09:14 AM
    Theres already quite a few thread discussing this topic, please feel free to add to one of those. Thank you.
    12-16-11 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD