I feel all this talk about the sky is falling for Rim is just hog wash. Well the thought came to me. what would I do if there where no more BlackBerrys. I stopped by my at&t store to have a look at options and to peek at the 9860(which they didn't have btw, smh). Funny thing is 3 sales people was pushing the 9900 on me.
    I made the statement that I was under the impression that 9900s was having problems and that at&t was pushing away from blackberrys.
    Well the answer I got was that there hasn't been a 9900 complaint in our area, and they can't hold on to blackberrys long enough. They just keep running out of stock.
    I made my decission in case it does happen. I'm going to a pantech. How about yall?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-11 07:20 AM
    Spiffs.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    12-16-11 07:32 AM
    I don't think that Blackberry as a brand will disappear. RIM might disappear, but whoever buys it out would be mindbogglingly stupid to drop the brand.
    Spencerdl and app_Developer like this.
    12-16-11 07:34 AM
    I think it's all anti BlackBerry bs. I won't even consider the question. Okay, I'll consider it. I'm so sure that RIM/BlackBerry will be around that if it's not, I'll get a Sectera phone.
    12-16-11 07:38 AM
    I'd go Android (did I just SAY that?!?!!?!?) and pick up an Atrix 2. And buy several replacement batteries.

Or take a look at Windows phones....see if they drop those fugly squares from the homescreen.
    13echo4 likes this.
    12-16-11 07:41 AM
    I'd go Android (did I just SAY that?!?!!?!?) and pick up an Atrix 2. And buy several replacement batteries.

Or take a look at Windows phones....see if they drop those fugly squares from the homescreen.
    I posted sumptin about them squares and how ugly the UI is on the windows phone forums. I was chastised, spanked and called a war monger/hater/dufus everything under the sun.

I thought I'd made a mistake and posted in the iPhone forums on iOS. LOL.
    12-16-11 08:54 AM
    windows phone 7 UI is actually the best out there of all UI mobile designs. and with more and more people actually being interested in win phone 7 development over BB/qnx/playbook development, its unfortunate for rim that a couple of 'fugly squares' is killing BB developer interest.
    JBenn911 likes this.
    12-16-11 09:07 AM
    I don't think that Blackberry as a brand will disappear. RIM might disappear, but whoever buys it out would be mindbogglingly stupid to drop the brand.
    +1, I agree, the name (brand) Blackberry will be around a long time, Not to sure about RIM as we know it. Whats a "pantech"?
    Last edited by spencerdl; 12-16-11 at 09:26 AM.
    12-16-11 09:15 AM

I find those things hideous too.

I don't know what I'd do if RIM were to go totally titsup. I do not like Android, I'm not entirely fond of WP, and iPhone will never have a physical keyboard. Unless Palm were to make a miraculous comeback, and I mean of the type that would make the rising phoenix look like waking up from an afternoon nap, I'll be pretty much screwed.
    12-16-11 09:36 AM
    Pantechs are smartphones. I think they are an American company. Some of the devices run on android. I don't know if they use win os or not. I'd try them because they have some devices that has the same form factor of the blackberry with keyboards.

12-16-11 03:55 PM
    Pantech is Korean and they don't make any WP7 phones...right now you can get two htc's and 3 samsungs from AT&T...I have a Titan now...very happy with it...will hold me over until BB10 gets its act together in 2013 or 14 or whenever...
    12-16-11 04:38 PM
    as much as a fanboy i am....lol ya that made sence LOL. id go droid...maybe the Raider...
    13echo4 likes this.
    12-16-11 04:52 PM
    I had googled pantechs earlier and the website said pantech usa so I didn't really know. I know w/ out a doubt won't have an. Ios device.

12-16-11 05:24 PM
    iOS wasn't on horizon for me either....figured if I was going to jump ship I'd go really deep and go with wp7 instead of android...like my HTC evo view tab just fine, but phones didn't do it for me...the Titan does
    12-16-11 05:30 PM
    Wow.
    At this point the lack of BB devices pretty much means the lack of any entertainment or form of organization in my life. Honestly, I don't even want to think about what would happen if I did not have mine with me.
    Plus, what else could we do without BB? Get an iPhone? Get an Android phone? Oh please, none of that even compares to the wonderful wonderful BlackBerriness.

Make it RIM.
    If I'm forced to leave BlackBerry I juts....
    12-16-11 06:33 PM
    In my store 9900's are selling just fine.
    The other employees do try to push Androids more than anything
    but for the most part people are still coming in to buy Blackberrry's,
    it's just most sales people push the Androids a little too much.
    That's another thing that's hurting RIM. If RIM would send their
    reps in more often and give Employees more free BB stuff,info,help with
    Blackberrry's and do more promotions Im sure we would push more.
    to tell you the truth 80% of the customers upgrading to smartphones are
    confused and have no idea.they are not really sure what they want and basically I
    can persuade them to buy whatever OS I feel like selling them.
    Last edited by llllBULLSEYE; 12-16-11 at 06:46 PM.
    13echo4 likes this.
    12-16-11 06:42 PM
    windows phone 7 UI is actually the best out there of all UI mobile designs. and with more and more people actually being interested in win phone 7 development over BB/qnx/playbook development, its unfortunate for rim that a couple of 'fugly squares' is killing BB developer interest.
    Well, one draw of WP7 is that the development environment is much more polished than what we use for android or iOS.

But the market share doesn't justify the effort, IMO, no matter how slick the tools are. It's still effort for a very tiny audience, so far. The BB audience is enormous in comparison.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 12-16-11 at 06:48 PM.
    12-16-11 06:45 PM
    To be honest BlackBerry is the only brand of secure wireless communication I foresee government, military, law enforcement, etc. allowing on their networks and to guarantee information security.
    12-16-11 07:50 PM
    To be honest BlackBerry is the only brand of secure wireless communication I foresee government, military, law enforcement, etc. allowing on their networks and to guarantee information security.
    Android and Apple can catch up to RIM, especially with RIM on the Back end with BES Fusion,

RIM needs to offer MORE
    12-16-11 07:55 PM
    I am going to check out the new Nokias running Windows Phone once they are released.

I was a Nokia user before I used BlackBerry, and I thought Nokia's hardware was excellent.
    13echo4 likes this.
    12-16-11 08:17 PM
    I am going to check out the new Nokias running Windows Phone once they are released.

I was a Nokia user before I used BlackBerry, and I thought Nokia's hardware was excellent.
    I know what you mean. I started out with nokias. Big bricks wrapped in leather. I chamged to moto v551 cause at the time cingular didn't have any nokias w/ a camera. I upgraded to a razr them a slvr. Oh boy my 1st blackberry (8310) stole my heart. As long as Blackberry are built that is what I will use. Well as long as they don't run ios on em. That will be the day I quit using blackberrys.
    12-16-11 08:47 PM
    I would probably be forced to an Android if RIM disappeared. Even if someone bought them, they would probably make the BlackBerry run Android. I would be saddened to see RIM go. I think they will pull back next year though. Will they ever be as popular as the iPhone and Android, I don't think so, but I believe that BB 10 will bring them back.
    13echo4 likes this.
    12-16-11 08:48 PM
    There's no reason for Rim to sell out. Just like theres no reason to run android on Blackberrys.
    What would be cool is if Rim ran the wins, android, iberry themes on the new BlackBerrys and leak out that they started running those oses. You know the folks thatcome from whatever won't know the difference. If your a BlackBerry user you know right away.
    Man wouldn't the forum light up? I can see the thread titles now. Got my android blackberry wow: inside stating how Rim shoulda done this long ago. Lmao.
    12-17-11 07:18 AM
    Well I am already on Android, however still rock my 9700 from time to time.

So guess If I never had the option of BB, then sticking with Android.

I would jump to Apple over WP7 as I can't stand the layout of the tiles. Terrible UI IMO. I wanted to punch something after I was done messing with one at a store. I don't know how you all manage that, but different strokes for different folks.

choice is good!
    12-17-11 09:23 AM
    I don't think the fugly squares have anything to do with it.

On topic, not sure what I'd. I'll wait and see what is around at that time and choose then.

Edit: My hope would be that someone else would take over and continue with QNX as I think it's the best out there right now.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 12-17-11 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Add
    12-17-11 09:39 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD