im getting the error jailbreak failed /tmp/setuidgid after doing ssh. i did everything correct up intill this point. i even pulled the usb out right after restore was complete and enabled development mode. Im confused.

im using the new os 2.0.0.6149 does that have to do with anything?

thanks in advance. any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-16-11 01:57 AM
    Yes, it does not work directly on 6149.
    You have to jailbreak on a earlier build and THEN update to 6149, sorry.
    12-16-11 06:52 AM
    Yes, it does not work directly on 6149.
    You have to jailbreak on a earlier build and THEN update to 6149, sorry.
    does this include 1.0.8?
    12-16-11 07:00 AM
    im getting the error jailbreak failed /tmp/setuidgid after doing ssh. i did everything correct up intill this point. i even pulled the usb out right after restore was complete and enabled development mode. Im confused.

im using the new os 2.0.0.6149 does that have to do with anything?

thanks in advance. any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    have you tried the DM "Forget device" option listed in this thread?

Forget the device in DM. Run dingleberry again, once you get the restore failed message, try to dinglessh then.
    12-16-11 07:01 AM

Forget the device in DM. Run dingleberry again, once you get the restore failed message, try to dinglessh then.

no i havnt tried this. i will try it now..
    12-16-11 11:41 AM

OK I'm ripping my hair out over here, mainly because I've successfully done this before on another computer with the same device. I was happily using android apps on my jailbroken PB before it died unexpectedly. I unfortunately had the double-blinking red LED issue, where it wouldn't charge nor turn on. Here are the steps I took:

I first went to the Beta OS signup page, put my PIN in and then realized the new Dingleberry will download the appropriate OS to my device, so I did that. It installed fine and everything looked OK.

I then did the DingleSSH and I got the OK that the jailbreak was successful both on the PC and PB and it loaded Huluberry

Lastly I went to DDPB installer to install some BARs that I redownloaded from playbookbars. (Siriusxm, Craigslist and Crackle) I got the OK that all was well and disconnected, but when I clicked on each of the apps they didn't open. only Huluberry opened.

I then did a security wipe (big mistake) and was left with only a browser icon. I plugged it into DM and restored to factory and repeated my steps to get it jailbroken. this time i get:
    sh: /tmp/setuidgid: cannot execute - No such file or directory
    Jailbreak Failed
    $

I tried the whole "forget device" trick in DM but with no luck. After i run Dingleberry I still get the error message.

Any ideas?
    02-01-12 02:06 PM
    Yeah I wouldn't ever do a security wipe. It removes root and does not much else.
    If you get that double red blinking LED, then sure, you need to do a full wipe.

So jailbreak isn't working now -- this means that the Dingle didn't work.

When you dingled again, after wiping, what happened?
    Did you get the message on your Playbook saying you have been dingled? If not, did you get any visible errors? Have you tried dingling again?
    02-01-12 05:27 PM
    Yeah I wouldn't ever do a security wipe. It removes root and does not much else.
    If you get that double red blinking LED, then sure, you need to do a full wipe.

So jailbreak isn't working now -- this means that the Dingle didn't work.

When you dingled again, after wiping, what happened?
    Did you get the message on your Playbook saying you have been dingled? If not, did you get any visible errors? Have you tried dingling again?
    never got a message on the PB that it was successfully dingled -forgot to mention that.
    I'm running .4869 so I guess i could try again with the process. I'm just confused why I'm having such a hard time doing this. I'll try and let you know what goes down. Thanks!
    02-01-12 07:01 PM
    Yeah tried it and no dice. One thing I noticed that I don't think happened last time that it did a restart after i got a chance to do the SSH. totally forgot if that happened. not sure what to do now. Am I screwed?
    02-01-12 08:09 PM
    I keep on going through the steps again to do the root via Dingleberry and still getting the same message. I even downloaded the prior version (3.1.0) and still getting it. I'm out of ideas... and patience. Getting really frustrated. There has to be something obvious that I'm missing here. Should I just wipe and start over? Any ideas would be helpful.
    02-02-12 05:41 PM
    Jayeverette: are you sure you're on 2.0.0.4869 and not a newer firmware?
    02-02-12 05:56 PM
    Jayeverette: are you sure you're on 2.0.0.4869 and not a newer firmware?
    100% sure. DB installs .4869 successfully. I even went with the full OS option at one point as well
    02-02-12 06:09 PM
    use dingleberry 3.01 I had the same issue on 3.3 I switched to 3.01 and rooted in 2secounds

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-08-12 01:09 PM
    use dingleberry 3.01 I had the same issue on 3.3 I switched to 3.01 and rooted in 2secounds

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    any chance u can share it?
    02-08-12 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD