View Poll Results: Which website is best for video chatting on the PlayBook?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • AV by AOL

4 21.05%
  • ReelPortal

12 63.16%
  • IMO.IM

3 15.79%
    Hi everyone,

So as we all know a native Skype app isn't available for the BlackBerry PlayBook but most users on CrackBerry.com seem to use 3 main websites to video chat:

AOL AV - AV by AOL - Let's video chat!

ReelPortal - ReelPortal Video Chat - Home

imo.im - https://imo.im/

AOL AV is the best in my opinion then ReelPortal, and imo.im in last place...

vote for the best one in your opinion and share your ranking of the 3
    12-15-11 05:13 AM
    I didn't even know video chat on websites works.
    12-15-11 09:32 AM
    I like ReelPortal. It may not be the best/fastest/prettiest but it get's the job done and is pretty simple to use. It is also cross platform!
    12-15-11 02:19 PM
    I didn't even know video chat on websites works.
    Yes it does! You should give it a go. Not perfect... but it works.
    12-16-11 06:33 AM
    I like ReelPortal. It may not be the best/fastest/prettiest but it get's the job done and is pretty simple to use. It is also cross platform!
    Does this mean I can use my PB's native vid chat function to chat with someone using ReelPortal? It would be great to be able to use the PB's vid chat with non-PB users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-11 06:54 AM
    Don't forget "faceflow.com" but this also appears to add tracking. it is crisp clear and easy to use and you can add up to four people total in a chat activity.
    12-16-11 09:43 AM
    I use TokBox.com

edit: oh, and TinyChat.com
    12-16-11 11:20 AM
    Does this mean I can use my PB's native vid chat function to chat with someone using ReelPortal? It would be great to be able to use the PB's vid chat with non-PB users.
    No, the videochat app is PB to PB only. It works great but only talks to other PB's for now

Use the Reelportal app for the PB. They also have iOS and Android apps as well as browser availability to make it cross-platform.

Another excellent Video conf app is Adobe Connect Pro, although its not free. Well, the app is free, the service isn't.
    12-16-11 11:29 AM
    No, the videochat app is PB to PB only. It works great but only talks to other PB's for now

Use the Reelportal app for the PB. They also have iOS and Android apps as well as browser availability to make it cross-platform.

Another excellent Video conf app is Adobe Connect Pro, although its not free. Well, the app is free, the service isn't.
    My experience so far is NONE of the apps work all that well. First of all you need a perfect wireless connection. If that is compromised at all the sound and video quality go down the tubes. IMO.IM, REELPORTAL and AIM all = fail. face flow is another one that I just tried. Internet connection must be good again. works a little better than the other in my opinion but again generally= fail. BTW I also tried SKYPE on a PC to an ipad - same internet conection = perfect audio and excellent video. really the performance would be suitable for anyone. Of course we cannot do Sype on the PB - BUT it desperately needs this. I am thinking that the PB wireless shortcomings are the real culprit. Limited to B/G , N doesnt work properly. That could be part of the problem. Playbook for video chat cross platform = fail. PB video chat using BB Video chat = ??? - have no way to test it becasue I am the only dod owning a PB (which I otherwise love using).
    12-16-11 01:31 PM
    av for aol says there will be a popup for allowing camera usage and it does not appear. private browsing is off and popup blocker is off. suggestions?
    DigitalLes likes this.
    12-26-11 07:05 PM
    Correct me if im wrong but, reelportal only works in usa right?
    12-27-11 02:42 PM
    skype. oh wait..
    12-27-11 02:44 PM
    Correct me if im wrong but, reelportal only works in usa right?
    Actually I just used it here in Canada. Girlfriend used an iPad 2, and me on my sexy Playbook.

Horrible echo however, and the only way to eliminate this was to turn the volume down to the point of not being able to hear eachother. Thoughts?
    12-27-11 03:19 PM
    I'm going to Try Oovoo as you can send link to your facebook friends directly from the we app
    12-27-11 03:40 PM
    Actually I just used it here in Canada. Girlfriend used an iPad 2, and me on my sexy Playbook.

Horrible echo however, and the only way to eliminate this was to turn the volume down to the point of not being able to hear eachother. Thoughts?
    Try using headphones.
    12-27-11 03:51 PM
    Reflap because you don't need to necessarily add friends to your contact list before calling them, you could just call them straight from their call address.
    06-09-13 12:25 AM
    wow faceflow is soo easy
    06-09-13 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD