Lots of android applications are starting to show up as we speak on App World!

I've tried 3D Darts and it doesn't work too well... I'm not sure this is going to be a great idea since developers didn't have the chance to properly adapt and test it on a PlayBook. For instance when selecting a mode in 3D darts, they ask if you want to play single player or VS Android
    Last edited by sergeh; 12-14-11 at 02:13 PM.
    12-14-11 01:52 PM
    more details please , maybe some screen shots?
    12-14-11 01:59 PM
    sure, attached is a screenshot. Not sure if you can tell but most of the apps are submitted under Handster Inc, the apps have the author's name/company appended to the name of the actual app

Handster is an Android market that planned on converting and releasing their catalog of apps on App World.

Here's the link to the article
    http://crackberry.com/handster-andro...alf-developers
    12-14-11 02:05 PM
    Just downloaded one of the free apps, and yes they are android, they run using the qnx android runtime.....straight from app world. I am running the latest beta OS 2.0, do these apps even work on 1.8?
    12-14-11 02:24 PM
    Just downloaded one of the free apps, and yes they are android, they run using the qnx android runtime.....straight from app world. I am running the latest beta OS 2.0, do these apps even work on 1.8?

hmm i was wondering if they would work on 1.8 as well? op what OS version are you running ???
    12-14-11 03:41 PM
    Yes thats what i wanna no... do these work on 1.8 ??
    12-14-11 03:49 PM
    I'm running the latest OS 2 beta. Do these apps appear for OS 1.0.8?
    12-14-11 04:15 PM
    It can't work on 1.8. There is no android player in 1.8.
    12-14-11 04:59 PM
    i thought once they are in App World they were BB Apps. No player needed as the submission profess converts them to BB Apps. is thst wrong? They should not be visible in 1.0.8 if they arent compatible. This is not the first Android App submitted to App world if I remember correctly.

nevermind. i downloaded a free one and it launched the Android App Player.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 12-14-11 at 05:54 PM.
    12-14-11 05:47 PM
    i thought once they are in App World they were BB Apps. No player needed as the submission profess converts them to BB Apps. is thst wrong? They should not be visible in 1.0.8 if they arent compatible. This is not the first Android App submitted to App world if I remember correctly.
    A player is definitely required. It is likely that the minimum os is set to os2 or above. In this case the apps would be visible only to PBs capable of executing the Android package. If you can find some of these apps in the PC version of app world, you can check this out. The minimum os is displayed on the right side of the app details page.

Edit: Here is the information obtained from App World. Version 2.0.0 of this app requires Tablet: 2.0.0 or higher.

Tales of Kurikara Japanese by Blue in the face
    Item Information
    Version: 2.0.0
    Release: December 14, 2011
    File Size: 9669 KB
    Support: [email protected]

Required Device Software
    Tablet: 2.0.0 or higher
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 12-14-11 at 06:20 PM.
    12-14-11 05:56 PM
    I think we need a list going of android apps that are now in appworld, so us v1.8 folks can decide when its worth it to jump over to os2.0 - lol... Maybe we could have a thread going for this purpose?
    bahias, Jince and jordandrews90 like this.
    12-14-11 10:50 PM
    So are any of them worrth a dl?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-11 12:23 AM
    I think the reason it doesn't work well is because the OS is still a beta, and there are improvements coming to the app player. I also think it varies from playbook to playbook because I've had better or worse android app experiences than others on various apps. The app player improved for me from the first beta OS to the second beta so I think the next update will be a big improvement
    12-15-11 12:29 AM
    So are any of them worrth a dl?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not yet (imo). More of the same...
    12-15-11 12:30 AM
    They need to seperate them for now. After the 2.0 release then intergrate them. IMO
    Jsolts likes this.
    12-15-11 07:49 AM
    They need to seperate them for now. After the 2.0 release then intergrate them. IMO
    It will only show up if you are running 2.0 anyways so i don't see a need for further separation
    12-15-11 08:33 AM
    Got to check these out
    12-16-11 12:54 AM
    For me there's not much of interest yet, but the AllApp one is kind of ok as a nice list (or reminder of what's installed)/launcher for all your Android apps (not that you really need one) as mine are scattered all over in different folders and on different panes...
    12-16-11 02:08 AM
    handster is not exactly known for pushing quality apps. they are a mass spamming service that sends out spam mail to any and all devs asking for apps. i know because i work with many mobile agencies. handster is pretty much the "fart apps" of app store leftovers and low quality apps.
    12-16-11 07:52 AM
    sure, attached is a screenshot. Not sure if you can tell but most of the apps are submitted under Handster Inc, the apps have the author's name/company appended to the name of the actual app

Handster is an Android market that planned on converting and releasing their catalog of apps on App World.

Here's the link to the article
    http://crackberry.com/handster-andro...alf-developers
    I noticed MC2 in ur collection, do u use the multiplayer option? Does it crash like in other versions I'm currently on 1.08 the app crashes some times.
    12-16-11 08:44 AM
    so in case no ones noticed, the amount of garbage in app world just increased by a ton thanks to the crap that is handster.
    12-16-11 11:57 PM
    I noticed MC2 in ur collection, do u use the multiplayer option? Does it crash like in other versions I'm currently on 1.08 the app crashes some times.
    actually that's just a screenshot of App World, I don't own MC2, I do have NOVA 2 on OS2 and it hasn't crashed for me yet
    12-16-11 11:58 PM
    Just more crap keeps coming from Handster. What ever happened to quality app development? This really degrades the whole platform. If you want crap apps, buy an Android. Really RIM, are numbers that important to you?
    mark37724 and funkysquid like this.
    02-08-12 09:41 AM
    Lots of garbage filling up app world these days. Would prefer quality over quantity.
    02-08-12 10:00 AM
    Lots of garbage filling up app world these days. Would prefer quality over quantity.
    I wouldn't call chrono trigger and mario kart soundtrack apps garbage.
    02-08-12 01:55 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD