Bell Expressview chanel 286

32GB PB including docking stand, case, and htmi cord, for $399.

They will be doing a demo on the PB at 10:30 EST.
    Last edited by Bisboxer; 12-13-11 at 09:05 AM.
    12-13-11 08:07 AM
    12-13-11 08:11 AM
    That's actually fairly consistent with the recent price slash when you consider all the included accessories. Good deal. I still think the permanent retail price for the playbook should be $199, $299 and $399--with possible sales on *those* prices. Very, very few people are going to go online to the BB store to buy at full retail now.

Nevertheless, I think there is going to be a healthy surge in adoption at these prices and that hopefully will cause developers to take a second look.
    12-13-11 08:19 AM
    As much as we as consumer's would love to see those prices, RIM can not afford to keep them down that low. They are simply loosing money if they sell them that cheap.
    12-13-11 08:37 AM
    Nevertheless, I think there is going to be a healthy surge in adoption at these prices and that hopefully will cause developers to take a second look.
    The reduced price sales seem to be an effort to flush the inventory out of the warehouses as Research In Motion plans to unveil a 4G/LTE version of the BlackBerry PlayBook in 2012. I wonder if the WiFi-only version will continue to be manufactured or if all next generation models will require a carrier contract.
    12-13-11 08:39 AM
    The more of these awesome tablets that get into peoples hands, the more they will be appreciated for what they are, and what they are capable of doing. What will come in the future will be a bonus. Each day I find something more that I can do with this amazing device.
    PondHockey likes this.
    12-13-11 09:08 AM
    As much as we as consumer's would love to see those prices, RIM can not afford to keep them down that low. They are simply loosing money if they sell them that cheap.
    I realize that, but it doesn't matter to the consumer how much it cost a manufacturer to make a device. It's not like someone will walk into a store and say, "Well, it cost RIM $250 to make this 16GB tablet so I suppose I will buy it at $499." They make their decision based on what they know of the feature set of the device. The market has decided how much the tablet is worth -- and that was clearly at the previous price that lopped $300 off each model.

I enjoy my new PB very much, but I would not have paid more than $299 for my 32GB. Even at $399 for a 32GB tablet there are now better choices out there.

It's kinda sad that its on the The Shopping Channel now, along with such tablets as the "Viewsonic" and "Pandigital Planet 7". The PB is a far, far better quality than those hack jobs.
    12-13-11 09:11 AM
    ....It's kinda sad that its on the The Shopping Channel now, along with such tablets as the "Viewsonic" and "Pandigital Planet 7". The PB is a far, far better quality than those hack jobs.

True, it would be nice to see it in better company, but whatever RIM has to do to get it looked at by the masses.

My wife and I actually watched the advertisement on The Shopping Channel last night, and I think about 100 were sold (as indicated by the little on-screen counter). My wife is awaiting hers in the mail, and got all excited by the two people showcasing the product ! She went from being luke-warm to getting her own tablet to now... I couldn't even bring mine into work today cause she lifted it from me to do "more learning"...

Hopefully they run the ad again, because it is a good price for what you get and the payment plans were in many peoples favor !
    12-13-11 09:28 AM
    Awesome post, I was just about to ask the same thing.

Wondering if it was worth it, considering the accessories. I might try it for 30 days since they offer that option. Of course when the iPad 3 comes out next year with the retina display...
    12-13-11 09:48 AM
    At the end of the half hour 10:30 show, they had sold over 1000 units.
    12-13-11 03:51 PM
    Actually, that's an excellent price for a 32 GB with the added accessories; too bad it's not available to US based customers.
    12-13-11 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD