Toshiba launches a 7-inch Android Thrive tablet

This is a really nice looking tablet, but will it sell for $379 & $429 in today's market? Toshiba has good brand name recognition and got a lot of things right with their Thrive line of tablets including hc2, usb, hdmi and sd card access. Don't think it has the removable back to get at the user changeable battery like the thicker 10" version has though.

The 7-inch Thrive� Tablet powered by Android� | us.Toshiba.com

The new 10.1" Toshiba Excite coming out in January 2012 is said to be thinner than any tablet on the market today.
    12-12-11 12:44 PM
    Most 7" android tablets are going on fire sales for $150-250 right now...

Launching a 7" tablet right now is suicide imo unless you have something huge to differentiate yourself... Good luck competing on price too with the Fire out + other tablets constantly going on sale...
    12-12-11 12:52 PM
    Yeah, as good as a tablet may be (or may not be), price is going to be a BIG factor in most people's decision when it comes to buying tablets and similar electronics. Fire is a good example of that and it is selling like crazy, mostly due to good marketing I think.
    12-12-11 02:02 PM
    If it had a full size SD card slot I would probably trade my 10" Thrive for it. I LOVE my 10" Thrive, but sometimes it's just too big.
    12-15-11 03:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD